Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Camper Shell Pics

Old 03-29-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
TyW33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ty
TyW33's Tacoma Gallery
Camper Shell Pics

Hey everybody. In the next few months I'm going to get a camper shell for my truck. Its an 07' access cab. What kind of camper shell would you recommend? and do you have any pictures?

Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an ARE MX Series. The extra head room is very nice inside but makes me hold my breathe everytime I go into a parking garage!
Check out this thread also.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...our-shell.html

Old 03-29-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
TyW33's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I've got an ARE MX Series. The extra head room is very nice inside but makes me hold my breathe everytime I go into a parking garage!
Check out this thread also.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...our-shell.html

Is that wood platform homemade? It's pretty cool.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyW33 View Post
Is that wood platform homemade? It's pretty cool.
Yes sir! I used 2x6's for the cross members and cut them to fit the cuts in the bed side. The platform itself is 3/4" exterior grade plywood and is cut into 4 pieces, 2 larger pieces for the back which are screwed to the 2x6's and 2 smaller lift out pieces in the front so you can get to something if it slides to the front of the bed under the platform. The whole thing comes apart with a few screws and can be stored in a fairly small place (the reason for using multiple pieces for the platform instead of one large piece). If I had to do it again, I'd go with 1/2" and save some weight but overall very handy! If you go with something like this, the extra headroom in the MX series is much appreciated.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
Tug is on a distinguished road
Tug's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go
Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
TyW33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug View Post
Here ya go
What kind is that? and how much $$ did you pay? I'm just trying to get an idea of the different shells and prices
Old 03-29-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Taco Truck Noob
Jefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shedJefenator is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Jefenator's Tacoma Gallery
My ATC shell:

$950 installed seemed like a decent bargain. (Apparently a window got busted in shipping - they fixed that and sold it as a refurb.)

I'm not crazy about the way this thing fits with my so-called "standard" cab, though. (And not just for cosmetic reasons - that front edge actually bashed a couple of dents in my roof when the bed flexed on some rough roads. Partly my own fault for reinstalling it too far forward. But still, I'd love to eventually upgrade to something built SPECIFICALLY for MY cab. )
Old 03-29-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
GT Taco is on a distinguished road
Army:
GT Taco's Tacoma Gallery
My Snugtop XTR

I got the Snugtop XTR. More expensive than I wanted to spend, however, I really like the lines on on my 08 DBL cab.
Attached Thumbnails
Camper Shell Pics-pic-0154.jpg   Camper Shell Pics-imag0134.jpg   Camper Shell Pics-imag0135.jpg   Camper Shell Pics-imag0137.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 PM   #13
lamericle is on a distinguished road

Army: Jump master, Pathfinder, Master Breacher, EMT
Name: keagan
lamericle's Tacoma Gallery
leer 100r

Got a Leer 100R for $1215 out the door. It is color matched and has front and side sliders.
Attached Thumbnails
Camper Shell Pics-dscf9208.jpg   Camper Shell Pics-dscf9210.jpg   Camper Shell Pics-dscf9209.jpg  
Old 04-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #14
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Ever think about one of these?
Old 04-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #15

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by navysealboy93 View Post
Ever think about one of these?
Is that a Bestop?? I didn't know they came in any other color besides black. I like the tan on the white truck!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Is that a Bestop?? I didn't know they came in any other color besides black. I like the tan on the white truck!
This one is made by Softopper

http://www.softopper.com/Default.aspx

I love it.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyW33 View Post
Hey everybody. In the next few months I'm going to get a camper shell for my truck. Its an 07' access cab. What kind of camper shell would you recommend? and do you have any pictures?

Thanks
I'm getting the Snugtop XV next month for my 2011 AC. Its perfect for me because of the sliding windows AND SCREENS which for me are key.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #18
TyW33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamericle View Post
Got a Leer 100R for $1215 out the door. It is color matched and has front and side sliders.
NICE. Thats one of the ones I've been looking at. Leer seem to be pretty awesome. Looks awesome
Old 04-07-2011, 05:04 AM   #19
jrpasch is on a distinguished road

jrpasch's Tacoma Gallery
Leer XQ w/ Thule Aero
Attached Thumbnails
Camper Shell Pics-photo-4.jpg  
Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 AM   #20
TomaGirl has a spectacular aura aboutTomaGirl has a spectacular aura aboutTomaGirl has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ticia
TomaGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Before and after pictures of my truck. I was really hesitant at first, but enjoy it now that I got the topper. It sucks cause I lost my bike rack, which was attached to the track in my truck, but I make do. I went camping last weekend and it was really nice to have it to lock some stuff down.