Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Kendall motor oil?

Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Kendall motor oil?

So, I'm having a local shop change my oil/rotate my tires Thursday, and they only use Kendall Synthetic oil with "titanium". . . Anybody have any reviews of this brand oil? I'm not familiar with it. All I've ever used is conventional Pennzoil.

Just this time, I don't have time to change it myself

Old 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
KBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedKBToyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (DD-214), 3d Marine Division
Name: Kurt
KBToyota's Tacoma Gallery
That is a bobistheoilguy question: www.bobistheoilguy.com

Here is a link from what these oil "experts" are saying, seems like they all agree that it's pretty good stuff.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...Number=1919313
Old 03-29-2011, 12:06 PM   #3
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
LOOKS 2 ME THAT OIL IS A BLEND NOT FULLY SYNTHETIC
Old 03-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have heard that Kendall makes great oil. I have no experience with it though.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I've not used any of the Kendall synthetic or blend oils, but I've used Kendall petro oil for years and not had any troubles.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
blazer2000 is on a distinguished road
blazer2000's Tacoma Gallery
I have used kendall motor oil once and ill never use it again. My engine did not idle smooth and was running loud. You could hear valve noises. Im sure it didnt hurt it, and I left it in for 4000 miles without worrying. But I would not put it back in. I prefer quaker state or penzoil high millage. If you are concerned I would just bring the oil that you prefer and have them put that in.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
kendall. all i put in my old air cooled 911.

honestly with regular oil changes..you could buy any name brand and be perfectly fine.

JMHO.