Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneau cover for a 2009 Double Cab TRD

Old 09-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
killerken is on a distinguished road

killerken's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Tonneau cover for a 2009 Double Cab TRD

Hello eveyone!

I just got my 2009 Double Cab TRD and I need a Tonneau Cover.

1) Does any one make a Tonneau Cover for a 2009 yet?
2) I need a Tonneau Cover that locks but I want one that is either a roll-up soft cover or a tri fold soft cover? Can eveyone please give me their recomendations?

3) I want to make sure I keep my bed rails?
4) I will be purchasing a pop and lock tail gate lock as soon as they develop one for the 2009 with back up camera.

Thank you in advance for all your help.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
anything that u like for the 05-08 will fit the 09
Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #3

jhodge83
Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Now I just need to find a cover.

I am leaning towards either a Access cover or a tri fold cover.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerken View Post
I am leaning towards either a Access cover or a tri fold cover.
Access LE You still get to use your bed rails/tie downs and it rolls up out of the way... Had a tri-fold and switched to an access limited edition.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:59 PM   #5

ImpulseRed008

Thank you for the recomendation!
How secure is this cover?
I do side jobs on the weekends and I would like to be able to leave my tools in the bed when I am working on a job or have to go get supplies.

Do you know what you paid for this cover?
Did you install this or did you have a shop install this?
If you installed this how long did it take you?

I went to one shop and they quoted me $550.00 installed
Old 09-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
ImpulseRed008

Thank you for the recomendation!
How secure is this cover?
I do side jobs on the weekends and I would like to be able to leave my tools in the bed when I am working on a job or have to go get supplies.

Do you know what you paid for this cover?
Did you install this or did you have a shop install this?
If you installed this how long did it take you?

I went to one shop and they quoted me $550.00 installed
I haven't had any problems with my cover - security wise, but have only had it a couple of months. I also have a pop n lock for the tail gate.

I found the cover on sale for $300. Most of the guys go through Luke at truck alterations and get the best price from anywhere else - think it's about $370 now. Make sure you tell him you found him on Tacoma World & Toyota nation to get that price. I've got the 6' bed, not sure what you have, and don't know if the price is the same for both covers.

I installed the cover - took about an hour. There is a thread over on TN that has tips for installing the cover. I followed them and it made it easier. I did not have to do any reaming of the holes.
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...=118926&page=8

Old 09-20-2008, 06:21 PM   #7

Impulesred008

Thanks for all the great info. That is a great price from what I seen on the web.

One last question
Can you open the cover from the side or does it have so much tension when you lock it that you cannot do this?

Thank you again for all your help!!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:22 PM   #8

Oh yes I have the short bed
Old 09-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:

One last question
Can you open the cover from the side or does it have so much tension when you lock it that you cannot do this?
You have to open it from the back with the tail gate open. The LE has a knob that releases both side latches.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #10

cool thank you.
I read the post about the install and it does seem easy.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
i have an access lowrider on my 08... allows use of the bedrails, rolls up and you need to have the tailgate open in order to roll up the cover.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
You should have no problem finding a cover for your truck. I have the long bed and found that not all covers fit. I originally wanted the Lund Genesis tri-fold but was told by one store that it didn't fit the long bed. I emailed Lund and they too said they didn't make it for the lond bed. So I went and ordered the Access Limited from Truck Alterations. The next day I was in the Pathmark parking lot and I look up to see another tacoma across from me. It was a long bed and had the tri-fold cover on it!!!! I waited for the guy to come out and ask him what model it was. Sure enough it was the Lund. I was pissed. I should get my cover by Monday. I'm going to install it and hopefully will like it better than the tri-fold. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
You should have no problem finding a cover for your truck. I have the long bed and found that not all covers fit. I originally wanted the Lund Genesis tri-fold but was told by one store that it didn't fit the long bed. I emailed Lund and they too said they didn't make it for the lond bed. So I went and ordered the Access Limited from Truck Alterations. The next day I was in the Pathmark parking lot and I look up to see another tacoma across from me. It was a long bed and had the tri-fold cover on it!!!! I waited for the guy to come out and ask him what model it was. Sure enough it was the Lund. I was pissed. I should get my cover by Monday. I'm going to install it and hopefully will like it better than the tri-fold. Good luck.
I wonder if he told you that because technically the 6' beds are short beds not long beds.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Probably. I told them the year of my truck too. I know with the older trucks the long beds were 8'. Considering it's an '06, you'd think they would realize the long bed is 6'. I should've told them the dimensions. The one guy from the store spoke to someone though and they still said it would've fit. I still think I'm going to be happier with the roll-up one anyway. If I say that enough times, I'll eventually believe it.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #15

Thumbs up Tonneau Cover

I finally order my access limited edition Tonneau cover today. Thank you for all your help and thank you for referring me to Luke at truck alterations.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM   #16

Congrats. I have mine about a week now and I love it.

Since it installs behind the bed rails, my cargo divider no longer fit in the bed of the truck. I just cut about an inch off each end of the divider and now it fits perfectly. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:40 AM   #17
OIF Vet
Liquidity is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Engineer
Liquidity's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the thread. I sent Luke an email last night for the LE cover for a 2009 Double Cab Long Bed TRD