Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Let's see your Radiant Red Tacoma

Old 09-22-2008, 06:08 AM   #21
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNW View Post
Here is mine. Love it.

Craig
Love that grill! How do you like the supercharger on an automatic? Not that I need to go faster, but I wasn't sure how different it would be than on a manual. Are you getting lower gas mileage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
I'm sure it ain't Radiant Red, but it's red, Maybe someone does know the name of this red.
Is that the new Barcelona Red?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioso View Post
word ill be honest i didnt want red but i got like 6 or 7 grand off the price so i had no choice pus i love the red i still want black but reds not bad
I had a fire engine red Monte Carlo Z34 back in the mid-90s and swore I'd never get another red car again. The sun faded the color and you could see every swirl, etc. Well when I saw my truck sitting in the dealership, I said how can I not buy this baby.

I love seeing different versions of my truck in this thread. Nice trucks guys and gals!
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 AM   #22
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine!! Just finished installation of a 3" Tuff Country lift, Hood QuickLifts, removal of mudflaps, and my Halo Projectors... Up next is a Kenwood DNX5120 install...
Attached Thumbnails
Let's see your Radiant Red Tacoma-dscf7985.jpg   Let's see your Radiant Red Tacoma-dscf7983.jpg   Let's see your Radiant Red Tacoma-dscf7951.jpg   Let's see your Radiant Red Tacoma-dscf7950.jpg  
Old 09-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #23
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBulldog View Post
Here is mine!! Just finished installation of a 3" Tuff Country lift, Hood QuickLifts, removal of mudflaps, and my Halo Projectors... Up next is a Kenwood DNX5120 install...
I am really loving the lift. I've been debating about putting a lift on mine, but you just convinced me. Love the new headlights too.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
I am really loving the lift. I've been debating about putting a lift on mine, but you just convinced me. Love the new headlights too.

Thanks!!! I got mine through this link... http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...ml?id=23riSIqE

Was the best deal I found and I can attest that this is a quality lift... and had a buddy help me install it...
Old 09-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #25
AZ074x4x4 will become famous soon enough

AZ074x4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Radiant Red Rules!

I work at a large manufacturing plant and there must be 20+ Tacomas in the lot with mostly silver or white. I'm the only Red one in the bunch
Old 09-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #26
Top Gun Customz will become famous soon enough

Top Gun Customz's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a truck we lifted a week and a half ago.....

Details: Year Make Model: 2008 Tacoma 4x4
Suspension: 6" Pro Comp Suspension Lift
Wheels and Tires: 20"X10" KMC XD Diesel (Black) wheels
35"X12.50" TOYO Open Country M/T tires

!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #28

Now I know why I started this thread....
Old 09-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #29
Top Gun Customz will become famous soon enough

Top Gun Customz's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, the package ended up looking very good. Tires rubbed the body mount and some inner fender plastic. Seems to be the case with these trucks.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:50 PM   #30
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
easier to see if it was washed alittle.

Impulse Red Pearl.... if it's an 05 - 08. Otherwise you're on your own.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #33
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy your radiant reds, Toyota doesn't offer them anymore.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:33 PM   #34
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Enjoy your radiant reds, Toyota doesn't offer them anymore.
as much as I have learned here I didn't know that. Guess that makes mine more valuable since I got the last one my dealer sold...It won't be for sale though because my 9 yr old twins claimed it for when they start driving!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #35
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, the 08's were the last year for Radiant red. It has been replaced with Barcelona Red, which is close, but slightly brighter.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #36

I'm definitely enjoying mine. The new Barcelona Red doesn't look too bad but it's hard to tell online. I haven't seen it in person yet.

Question... Is it just me or do you guys constantly find new chips on your truck. I have never had so many chips on one vehicle. Or is it that the paint Toyota uses has gotten crappy?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #37
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yeah, the 08's were the last year for Radiant red. It has been replaced with Barcelona Red, which is close, but slightly brighter.
this makes the deal I made even better..thanks...I love the Barcelona also, but glad I got in on the '08s.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz_TazComa View Post
Question... Is it just me or do you guys constantly find new chips on your truck. I have never had so many chips on one vehicle. Or is it that the paint Toyota uses has gotten crappy?
I've heard it always was a little crappy and chipped easily.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #39
Quote:
I've heard it always was a little crappy and chipped easily.
has anyone used the zylon paint and fabric protector? would that help the chipping?
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #40

?....I bought my truck heavily used, so, chips in the paint came standard. At one point, I tried to go around with touch up paint, but it was a lost cause.