1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Powertrax No-Slip system

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bigd1634, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Apr 1, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    Bigd1634

Bigd1634 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Kissimmee Florida
    27% tint, Vent Visors, Custom garage door opener, storage bin locks, 6000K HID headlights and foglights, Powertrax,
    I have a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport, I am looking at putting this in the rear diff. I had one in my 95 Jeep Wrangler and liked it. The Jeep was a strait forward open diff...easy install and use. The Tacoma should be an open diff but the truck has the auto lsd option. Correct me if I am wrong but that just takes wheel speed and slows down the wheels by using the brakes if they start to slip right. The truck shouldn't have the E-Locker cause that is a trd orr-road option. I just want to make sure that this system won't interfere or casue any problems with the other systems on the truck. If anyone has this in the same type of vehicle any input would be great. Also if anyone can check my part number-92-2080-3002-this is what I can find online. Richmond gear hasn't updated their charts for anythng newer then 2000. Thanks Don

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    TheMrGExperience

TheMrGExperience Because Tacos are too mainstream...and Im poor.

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Slidell, LA
    Vehicle:
    01 GMC Sierra z85 4x4 4.8L RCLB
    Debadged, 4x6 to 6x9 rear speaker conversion
    im also looking into getting a lunchbox locker and also have ALSD. Only thing stopping me is if the new diff will mess with the sensors of the ALSD. :confused:

Products Discussed in

To Top