Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Horn beeping with remote

Old 09-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
ALTEC 914
Altec914 is on a distinguished road
Altec914's Tacoma Gallery
Horn beeping with remote

Is there anyway to make the horn beep when you lock and unlock the doors with the remote?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
I would like to know as well. If I recall, I think my dads 05 did this. I just got my 08 a few weeks ago and all it does is flash its lights.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
feelinthegz is on a distinguished road
feelinthegz's Tacoma Gallery
push button 3 times

We got the dealer installed alarm when we bought the truck. If you press the lock or unlock button 3 times the horn beeps. Don't know if all Toyota dealer alarms are the same.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 AM   #5
Vested Interest is on a distinguished road

Vested Interest's Tacoma Gallery
I have the alarm system with mine and was able to program the horn to honk on lock and unlock. If you don't have the RS3200 alarm I'm not sure if you can do this. See the link below.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t81089.html
Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorenApart View Post
I have this. It works as advertised. I'd recommend soldering the wire connection. The beeping can get a bit much when you want to unlock all four doors.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
I have this. It works as advertised. I'd recommend soldering the wire connection. The beeping can get a bit much when you want to unlock all four doors.
I have one of these as well. Love it. I didn't solder the wires together, but I did pull the plastic back on the truck's wire so that the splice I used got a good connection.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:30 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws4ua View Post
I have one of these as well. Love it. I didn't solder the wires together, but I did pull the plastic back on the truck's wire so that the splice I used got a good connection.
the humidity and general moisture get to my wires ever so often and I don't get a beep. It gets better within a few hours.