Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

One sides lower than the other?

Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
DPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dylan
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
One sides lower than the other?

Alright so i just bought a 2008 tacoma access cab sr5 2.7 with a 5 speed with 13K on it about a month ago and have been on this site every single day just reading all that i can about it. I love this truck! Anyways finally had to join because i couldnt figure this one out.. So i bought a set of 4 spidertrax wheel spacers 1.25" and installed them last night (really well built nice spacers by the way, very happy) and after installing them and just checkin out out i noticed one back wheel looked as if it stuck out maybe a quarter inch more if that. Just enough to notice anyway and started doin some measurements, all spacers the same size, blah blah blah, then measured the wheel gaps for the hell of it and it turns out the passengers side measure 5.5" in front and about 7.5" in the back, then measured the drivers side and it measured 5" in the front and a little under 7" in the back? I thought maybe my paved driveway was a little off so i turned it around and the same thing.. I mean i know the obvious that it could be but the truck only has 15K miles on it and im sure the struts and leafs couldnt be bad already? Any input on this? Thanks alot!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Taco lean, there are a lot of threads on here about it.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
allenwoo1 is on a distinguished road

allenwoo1's Tacoma Gallery
its the taco lean due to the battery and the gas tank on the drivers side. search taco lean and you will find more information about it
Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
gas tank
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
factory tacomas are lower in the front. The drivers side usually has a little less height due to battery, gas tank, etc... is this what you're talking about?
Welcome btw
Old 04-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
DPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDPR921 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
wow you guys are fast! haha alright thanks alot! Ill look into that.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:09 AM   #7
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
It's called Taco lean! The driver side has the gas tank and battery. So it will sit a little lower than the passenger side depending on how much fuel is in your tank. The passenger side rear wheel also will stick out a little farther than the driver side. Not sure why it's like that, but it's like that on all of them.(even mine)
Old 04-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
It's called Taco lean! The driver side has the gas tank and battery. So it will sit a little lower than the passenger side depending on how much fuel is in your tank. The passenger side rear wheel also will stick out a little farther than the driver side. Not sure why it's like that, but it's like that on all of them.(even mine)
I'm glad to hear you say that. I had the lean and fixed it. Then the other night I was looking at the truck and noticed the passenger rear tire sticks out more than driver side tire does. I got to wondering if something was wrong with the rear suspension. I actually got a light and checked everything out.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
DPR921's Tacoma Gallery
The more i stare at the bed the more it looks like it is slightly off to the drivers side. Is it easy as just loosening the 6 bolts and pushing it or is it all pretty tight and set in where it is?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
i have the spacer to fix it and will sell it to you