1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have "throttle position sensor" problem?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Black Sheep, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Apr 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I was on my way home from work on Thursday and the truck just about died. I lost power and it would not go about 20 mph and that was with the pedal to the floor. The check engine light came on again. I limped it to the dealer. I shut it off and went inside. When I came back out, it started up adn was fine but the light was still on. They have had it since Thursday. I am driving a Prius right now. He said that is what the code came back as but they still want to check a couple of things. Anyone else have any problems like this? This has happened a couple of other times, but it only lasted for a couple of seconds.

2. Apr 2, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    Jere

Jere Outdoorsman

Member:
    Northern Chester County, PA
    Vehicle:
    '18 TRD Sport MGM with ARE Cap
    Had a problem with TPS on 4Runner. It did not throw a code, and was inconsistent enough that the dealership returned the truck 3 times with "could not duplicate". I eventually demanded to take a service person for a test drive because it got so I could dup it at will. He first accused me of letting off the gas slightly. I finally convinced him I wasn't, and he diagnosed TPS as possible culprit. Replaced it and solved it. Count yourself lucky you got a code for them to work on.

Products Discussed in

To Top