1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What a fine Rusty mess

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gerry Pope, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Sep 21, 2008 at 10:19 PM
    Gerry Pope

Gerry Pope [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 PreRunner
    Hello All..
    I just bought an 07 AC 4X4. After cleaning 40 lbs of sand and crud from the undercarriage I saw quite a bit of rust. I read the posts about POR and Rustoleum etc. That might work fine but..
    I found this stuff and was wondering if anyone has tried it?

http://therustdoctor.com/products/rust_doctor.html

Ger

2. Sep 22, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

Uggg... That sucks man! Sorry to hear the bad news.

3. Sep 22, 2008 at 1:19 PM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I used similar stuff in a spray can on mine before, as well as other cars. It works good (keep in mind I live in the South). No signs of rust where I put it yet after a year! If you are unsure, got to HD, Lowes or Wally World and look for a spray can of converter (krylon?). It will save you a few bucks off the large size until you decide if it works for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top