Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how many miles on a tank?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #21
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
With a little digging anyone can find that I usually do over 500 miles a tank and had once posted a tank of 565 miles. I'm still hoping for an excuse for a good road trip some day so I can get a 600+ mile tank.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM   #22
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
I try to shy away from this type of post but ..... My 2 cents ..... My '06 I4 2WD RC got 31.75 mpg on my last highway trip (60 - 65 mph)..... 255 miles using 8.031 gallons ..... comes to 666.75 running it dry.

Old man driving ... never accelerate over 2000 rpms.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #23
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I get AVERAGE 20-21MPG doing nothing but going to school and other crap in the city.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #24
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
well my lift and M/T tires dont help the fuel economy much but i've got 22.1 mpg on a tank in my V6 6spd 4x4 and was averaging 19-21mpg. on that particular trip i went from about 4300ft elevation down to sea level so that was what helped me out when combined with keeping an eye on my SG2 and using ethos fr in my gas. now with the new bigger tires and not running the ethos im only getting about 15.5-17.5 lately and on my current tank my SG2 is showing 11.8 mpg. lol.... its been all towing for the most part though.
our trucks have a 21.5 gal. tank btw and according to my SG2 the fuel light comes on with about 4-5 gallons left in my truck.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #25
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
I try to shy away from this type of post but ..... My 2 cents ..... My '06 I4 2WD RC got 31.75 mpg on my last highway trip (60 - 65 mph)..... 255 miles using 8.031 gallons ..... comes to 666.75 running it dry.

Old man driving ... never accelerate over 2000 rpms.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #26
Stops Jihad on Contact.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TacoTRD View Post
I don't see how thats crappy, its nearly 400 miles per tank. We have 20 gallon tanks, and I think we have like 2 gallons till empty when the light comes on. If you used 18 gallons of fuel to go those 378 miles, its 21MPG....
Mine comes on at about 4 gallons.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #27
hate2work will become famous soon enoughhate2work will become famous soon enough
hate2work's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a used 06 AT standard cab with the 4 banger and my first tank I got 23 mpg and with my second tank ( more highway miles ) I got 25 mpg and went 431 miles.

I'm pretty damned happy with that, for sure. Just switched over to Amsoil, that might help a tad more.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2work View Post
I just bought a used 06 AT standard cab with the 4 banger and my first tank I got 23 mpg and with my second tank ( more highway miles ) I got 25 mpg and went 431 miles.

I'm pretty damned happy with that, for sure. Just switched over to Amsoil, that might help a tad more.
not bad. welcome to Tacoma world.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #29
CometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the roughCometKat is a jewel in the rough
CometKat's Tacoma Gallery
My last mileage was 21.63 so with a 21.1 gallon tank I could get 454.39 miles if I wanted to push it to the limit. Of course I might literally be pushing it to the gas station if I cut it too close.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 AM   #30
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure how many on an average tank. I do know that in western Texas where the speed limit is 80 and the wind blows constantly my mileage sucked. But it was my choice to drive the speed limit. I know I would have gotten better mileage doing 60 or 65, but I had places to go, and I wanted to get there. I kept track of my mileage and gas - one of these days I'll figure it out. Most of the trip I was between 350 - 400 miles per tank.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM   #31
taconewf is on a distinguished road
taconewf's Tacoma Gallery
Man, u yanks complain about the gas. I get about 600 km to a tank with the light on for the past 60km, so I get about 372 miles to a tank which is 84 litres bone dry, cost me $117.00 CDN, which is equivalent to $110.00 Us right now