1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help - How to disable / enable turn signals

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by samikazi, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Apr 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM
    samikazi

samikazi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    I've got a 2006 Taco automatic, and this weekend I was installing an ipod adapter connection from the back of the radio into the glove box. When I put my dash back together, my turn signals no longer worked, and my transmission would not shift out of 'Park' into gear. I would not think that the radio / temperature control area of the dash would have anything to do with the turn signals...but maybe I'm wrong. I've checked all my fuses and they are good. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated...

2. Apr 4, 2011 at 2:53 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Go back through your work. You f'd something up. Check connectors and look for cut wires.

3. Apr 4, 2011 at 4:21 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    X2

4. Apr 4, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    samikazi

samikazi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5
    I completely agree that I f'd up somewhere, and thought the same thing about pulling out or cutting a wire from one of the connectors. Ive had 3 sets of eyes look at the connectors with me and we don't see any wires not connected to their respective clips or cuts.
    Does anyone know if there is a wire connection that links the turn signals with the temperature gauge plugs or radio plugs?

5. Apr 4, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    The button to the hazard lights? :notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top