1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st problem, argh!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JJPF, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Sep 22, 2008 at 10:54 AM
    JJPF

JJPF [OP] Member

Member:
    Dillingham Alaska
    Vehicle:
    07 access cab sr5 2.7 5 spd
    Hi All, I popped the hood on my 07 Taco and noticed something didn't look right where the steering post comes through the firewall. The black rubber bushing/seal was hanging on the steering post just above the clamp. It appears that something is missing as I can push the bushing/seal back up in the firewall but I don't remember how it used to look. The steering feels fine, if I grab the steering post I can wiggle it a little. Wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if anyone know's how critical this is? I live in remote/bush Alaska so warranty doesn't do me much good, unless they would be willing to fly it to Anchorage.

It's a 07 2.7 AC sr5 4x4

Appreciate any info/ideas

JJPF

2. Sep 22, 2008 at 10:59 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Wow - sounds like a road trip is in order... I'd get moving before winter hits ya...

No seriously, that doesn't sound right (but I'm no mechanic). Is there a local Yota dealer in the area anywhere that you could compare/contrast engine compartments?

Edit 1: I looked and found this dealership online for you: http://www.kendalltoyotaofalaska.com/ Looks like they are in Anchorage... where b you?

Edit 2: Here is POC info on service N parts...

SERVICE DEPARTMENT Contact:
    Phone:Service Manager
    907-279-8506Hours: Mon-Fri:7:00 AM - 9:00 PMSaturday:7:00 AM - 9:00 PMSunday:Closed

PARTS DEPARTMENT Contact:
    Phone:parts Manager
    907-279-8506Hours: Mon-Fri:7:00 AM - 9:00 PMSaturday:7:00 AM - 9:00 PMSunday:Closed
    Click Here For A Contact Form

3. Sep 22, 2008 at 11:01 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Why dont you take a picture, for us to compare??

4. Sep 22, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    JJPF

JJPF [OP] Member

Member:
    Dillingham Alaska
    Vehicle:
    I lost my camera last week moose hunting so no pics for now. Road trip not possible, no roads out of the area. Fly or boat in only, almost 400 miles.

I already talked to the Toyota dealer in Anchorage and the guy seemed like he wantecd to get off the phone ASAP. Transferred me to someone in Seattle who is suppose to be faxing me a exploded view so I can try and figure it out.

JJPF

5. Sep 22, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

Try this link...

6. Sep 22, 2008 at 11:34 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    By the way - that's for an '06... It's likely that it's the same for an '07 (but I'm no mechanic) - I couldn't find one for an '07...

7. Sep 22, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    JJPF

JJPF [OP] Member

Member:
    Dillingham Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Thanks USMCBulldog, that shows what I'm talking about but doesn't show the bushing/seal. I talked to a service tech at the Anchorage dealer and he said that it was held in by adhesive. I would have liked to pick his brain somemore but he was real anxious to get off the phone.

JJPF

Products Discussed in

To Top