Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Remote Start: Good/Bad

Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
RedneckHT07 is on a distinguished road
Army:
RedneckHT07's Tacoma Gallery
Remote Start: Good/Bad

Bought an 08 Taco 4x4 four door Off Road package a month ago and I absolutly love it! I am thinking about buying a remote starter for it. I dont wanna ruin the warranty but I like the idea of a remote start. Any ideas or recommendations on a good remote start?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
viper ftw. i have always had a remote start on every vehicle i have owned. make sure to have it prof. installed if you don't know how. i was an installer for over 17 years so it's like second nature to me.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Nor*Cal
norcalbb11 has a spectacular aura aboutnorcalbb11 has a spectacular aura about

norcalbb11's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to norcalbb11 Send a message via Yahoo to norcalbb11
is there a way to get one installed and use the remote for the truck and not the remote start remote?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have a compustar and its amazing! 3000 foot range and no problems! I love it.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
Nor*Cal

where did you get it and who installed it
Old 09-22-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Remote start is incredible. Best Buy down here in Florida actually sells viper alarm/remote start systems. So I couldn't refuse, and I bought one. It doesn't affect the warranty in any way.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about106Tacoma has a spectacular aura about

106Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine installed at a local store called sterio advantage, through my dealer. No void on anything and it works 100% every time.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #8
Mz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to beholdMz_TazComa is a splendid one to behold

Mz_TazComa's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mz_TazComa
I love my remote start. I won't buy a new car/truck without one anymore. No more having to wait for my truck to warm up in the middle of winter. I used to leave for work around 7am and it was already warmed up and the ice was practically melting off.

I had the dealer install it. I always negotiated a price for the vehicle and then told the dealer I want the remote start included otherwise I wasn't buying.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #10
Nor*Cal

do you all have a different remote for your remote start or use the tacoma unlock and lock remote?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalbb11 View Post
do you all have a different remote for your remote start or use the tacoma unlock and lock remote?
the remote start has lock/unlock features.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
Nor*Cal

yeah i know i just didnt want to have to wire all of that but guess i have to, just thought i would try haha
Old 09-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #13
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
yeah i know i just didnt want to have to wire all of that but guess i have to, just thought i would try haha
So you'd rather half-ass the job and carry two big key fobs in your pocket than do the job right?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
Nor*Cal

no i would rather have it on my original keys that the truck came with i dont need security or another system to lock the truck just start it haha
Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
Dexbert is on a distinguished road
Dexbert's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Dexbert Send a message via Yahoo to Dexbert
I have an 05 with the 6 speed manual. I had the remote start installed nearly 2 years ago. I went with Ultra (http://ultrastarters.com/). Only one I found at the time that was compatible with the stick. Local installer (Installations Unlimited) did the install. Very happy with it.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #16
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
no i would rather have it on my original keys that the truck came with i dont need security or another system to lock the truck just start it haha
ah. ok. I don't think you can reprogram the stock fob to control the remote start. you can program the remote start to lock/unlock the doors though. So you just carry a different fob.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #17
Nor*Cal

yeah my buddy had one on his dodge but would always mess up and had the engine light comin on and all that, it was just a thought just wanted to see if anyone has done that
Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #18
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah my buddy had one on his dodge but would always mess up and had the engine light comin on and all that, it was just a thought just wanted to see if anyone has done that
here's my thought, don't go to your buddy's installer...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
Nor*Cal

yeah it was best buy...haha i think his dodge was just a piece of crap
Old 09-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #20
Devout Atheist

Quote:
dodge.......piece of crap

Problem solved!