1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For those of you with customcargrills mesh

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 0BlackTaco6, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Apr 5, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    0BlackTaco6

0BlackTaco6 [OP] Ive got tiger blood

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    06 BSP DC SR5 4x4 6 speed
    Color matched and satoshi grille, hella 500ff behind, bhlm, sockmonkey bedsides, 17" sports 265/70 grabber at2's.
    I apologize if my answer to my question is out there but I have failed to find it in my search.
    So my main question is which mesh works well for the satoshi style grille with lights behind the mesh? I have just cheap metal lath from lowes for mesh right now and while it lets my lights shine through perfectly even with everything painted black behind it, it is to revealing. From a distance it doesnt even look like i have mesh in there. I was looking and the small hexagon mesh or the small perforated mesh. I just wasnt sure which would be best for my use. I want my lights to still shine through but want a little more coverage of the guts behind. Any info would be great.
    My next quick question is, how are the pre cut pieces for our trucks mounted? On my current grille i have epoxied a few studs around the edge of the grille to hold the mesh. I then secure it with a small washer and nut. Will i need to change anything if i get the pre made piece or will that work just fine.

Thanks

2. Apr 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    0BlackTaco6

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    Color matched and satoshi grille, hella 500ff behind, bhlm, sockmonkey bedsides, 17" sports 265/70 grabber at2's.
    Anyone?????? Just looking for some first hand experience with the mesh from customcargrills.com.

3. Apr 6, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    I would try later in the day when people get home from work, it's early. This place gets crazy in the evenings.

4. Apr 6, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    Black08Taco

Black08Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Baltimore,OH
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White Double Cab long bed
    Stock....For now
    I run that grill. Hides everything rather well. Not really sure how it works with the lights. Unless you have really small studs then you might have to change how you mount it I place. I used zipties and its held just fine for the last year or so. I'll see if I can get a pic up shortly.

5. Apr 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    I don't have lights behind mine, but I have the small perf mesh. I like it, it looks great IMO, but I might try the small diamond mesh too and see which one I like best.

TacomaSatoshi03.jpg

6. Apr 6, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
  7. Apr 6, 2011 at 3:44 PM
    0BlackTaco6

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    yea i really like that mesh but i would be worried that my lights wouldnt shine through. i guess all i can do is try one i like. i was just hoping i could find someone that got mesh through them that has lights behind aswell so i could see what works and what doesnt.

8. Apr 6, 2011 at 3:46 PM
    Dirty5Thirty

Dirty5Thirty TW's BAD MF'er Squad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Auburn, CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 4Runner SR5
    Dog hair
  9. Apr 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    the hex shows light better, the perf is thicker

10. Apr 6, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    0BlackTaco6

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    cool cool. thats what i was thinking. I think im gonna try the pre cut small hex mesh and hope for the best. if anything it will be better than what I got.

Products Discussed in

To Top