Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

For those of you with customcargrills mesh

Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you with customcargrills mesh

I apologize if my answer to my question is out there but I have failed to find it in my search.
So my main question is which mesh works well for the satoshi style grille with lights behind the mesh? I have just cheap metal lath from lowes for mesh right now and while it lets my lights shine through perfectly even with everything painted black behind it, it is to revealing. From a distance it doesnt even look like i have mesh in there. I was looking and the small hexagon mesh or the small perforated mesh. I just wasnt sure which would be best for my use. I want my lights to still shine through but want a little more coverage of the guts behind. Any info would be great.
My next quick question is, how are the pre cut pieces for our trucks mounted? On my current grille i have epoxied a few studs around the edge of the grille to hold the mesh. I then secure it with a small washer and nut. Will i need to change anything if i get the pre made piece or will that work just fine.

Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone?????? Just looking for some first hand experience with the mesh from customcargrills.com.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
Black08Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Black08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I run that grill. Hides everything rather well. Not really sure how it works with the lights. Unless you have really small studs then you might have to change how you mount it I place. I used zipties and its held just fine for the last year or so. I'll see if I can get a pic up shortly.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
I don't have lights behind mine, but I have the small perf mesh. I like it, it looks great IMO, but I might try the small diamond mesh too and see which one I like best.
Attached Thumbnails
For those of you with customcargrills mesh-tacomasatoshi03.jpg  
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
This is the link that blakhawke88 posted a while back and where I got mine from:
http://www.customcargrills.com/prodd..._Toyota_Tacoma
I thought mine was the diamond shape but maybe I chose the hex. I guess I'll have to check when I go outside haha.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
Ive got tiger blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
This is the link that blakhawke88 posted a while back and where I got mine from:
http://www.customcargrills.com/prodd..._Toyota_Tacoma
I thought mine was the diamond shape but maybe I chose the hex. I guess I'll have to check when I go outside haha.
yea i really like that mesh but i would be worried that my lights wouldnt shine through. i guess all i can do is try one i like. i was just hoping i could find someone that got mesh through them that has lights behind aswell so i could see what works and what doesnt.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
HomerTaco has the group buy going on right now for the pre-made Satoshi Grille pieces...

He is also offering 5 styles of pre-cut mesh. IDK if you would be able to pick them up separately from the group buy, but if you find one you like, it's worth a shot?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...group-buy.html
Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
the hex shows light better, the perf is thicker
Old 04-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #10
Ive got tiger blood

cool cool. thats what i was thinking. I think im gonna try the pre cut small hex mesh and hope for the best. if anything it will be better than what I got.