1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sucks to be in Atlanta right now...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by linkfeeney, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Sep 23, 2008 at 6:47 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Seriously, you don't look very intelligent when you say things like that. How can a president be responsible for the effects of a hurricane?

2. Sep 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    not the hurricane man... is about they have fuel for everyone, but they can't get them to gas station? come on?

Is like FEMA late on delivering water!

3. Sep 23, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    The hurricane has everything to do with it. The refineries shut down, hence we have a shortage. The Gulf refineries still aren't at full capacity since the hurricane. T Boone Pickens even confirmed that recently.

Besides, the president has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not fuel gets to gas stations. It's private industry, the free market.

And don't start getting into Katrina. Blaming FEMA is just as ridiculous. Look more locally, at Mayor Nagin and ex-governor Blanco. Here's the result of Nagin's leadership:

buses_86febfb3e9acb417e317ca8ec1c18889f2c102a4.jpg

4. Sep 24, 2008 at 1:31 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    I think the news media has scared people into buying up gas even if they don't need it. Just like they do when there is a threat of snow. When there is a threat of snow here, you see people in the store buying 6 gals of milk & 4 or 5 loafs of bread. I have lived here all my life & the longest we were ever snowed in, was for 3 days.

I took my Son to a comedy concert(Jim Gaffigan) Saturday in Cobb county(northwest of ATL) No gas anywhere. I needed some had to drive past 12 stations to find one with it. Paid $4.29 for reg.

My Son lives on the southside of Atlanta. When I took him home Sunday, I needed gas. I drove past 6 gas stations that did not have gas. Sunoco had just 87 octane (what I put in my tacoma).

Around work 7 gas stations do not have gas.:eek:
    One close to work did have it. & cars were backed up in the street trying to get it before it is gone. We have 2 Quiktrips close by. One has been out of gas for several days, the other has just 87 octane. I needed gas Monday night. My empty light was on.(should have topped off the day before at Sunoco) A supervisor went and looked for gas for me. She found it at one of the QuikTrips. $3.97 for reg.

I went to the doctor today on the Eastside of ATL. And on my way to work I past 30 gas stations that did not have gas.:eek:

How does the rest of the country have plenty? But we have none. There is a conspiracy here.:rolleyes:

5. Sep 24, 2008 at 5:45 AM
    S_A_Aceman

S_A_Aceman KS National Guard

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport Speedway Blue
    Air Cleaner mod
    If the media can scare people into bying more milk than they need, then why cant they scare people into getting out of an area that is potentially going to be destroyed? Its always easy to blame someone else instead of pointing out that some people are simply dumb as rocks. The result is nature cleaning up loose ends. Fuel prices ARENT up unless your stations are gouging. And they can get away with that because we accept that they SHOULD be up. It doesnt matter if I fill up my truck, or fill up 10 gass cans with my truck, the same fuel is GOING to be purchased by me eventually. Its like those retarded "Dont buy gas Fridays". If every station had absolutely no sales in the entire country for one day... ALL STATIONS would raise the price 2 cents the NEXT day when everyone buys their gas... In the end, those that played the 'GAME' look like idiots, and the stations walk away with an extra million or 2 in sales cumulatively.

6. Sep 24, 2008 at 5:47 AM
    ANDYTACOMA

ANDYTACOMA NOMAD

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab trd offroad 4x4 black sand pe
    fog light mod /parking light mod /after market stereo /bed lights/yeasu ft8700/uniden bct15
    :D:D:D:D:D thats great!!!

7. Sep 24, 2008 at 6:10 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    NO GAS!! WOW! :eek:

8. Sep 24, 2008 at 6:24 AM
    genxer36

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Here in Atlanta the media was talking about gas shortages before there was any. Every time there is a hurricane, the media starts in on "we will have gas shortages." But we never do, until this time. Every news station, every day was constantly hounding the fact that we were running out of gas. And this was before IKE even made landfall. So yes I blame the media. If they didn't blow it out of porportion, we probably wouldn't be in this mess.
    I talked to one station owner & he said he had his tanks filled at 5pm & was sold out by 8pm.

9. Sep 24, 2008 at 6:25 AM
    zmtnbik

zmtnbik FMLYHM

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Trd Off-road
    Donahoe (Icon) C/O, TC UCA's, Dakar leafs, BilStein 5125's, 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's, Raceline Renegade 17x9's, u-bolt flip kit, debadged, TRD CAI, TRD exhaust, URD MAF controller, 20% front window tint, 3M clear bra on bumper, cam locks in all storage compartments, fog light mod, Alpine X100 deck, Co
    I also hear that they have a 75% high school drop out rate.

10. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:09 AM
    Chomag

Chomag Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio TX.
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD sport
    Flowmaster Org. 40
    No kidding man, you should have seen it here in just san antonio a few days before IKE hit land. Everyone and their grandmothers were swarming threw the store buying up whatever they could acting like we would be underwater for a couple of months.

I have first hand in this because I work for a grocery chain here and we made record week sales, beating out any of our holidays. It just relay amazes me watching the frenzy that people go into buying anything they can even though it doesn't make since... Such as 12 galleons of milk, or 10,000 eggs, or any perishable items for that matter.

I mean come on! Think about it people! If it really did get as bad as what people are preparing for those items will do you no good when your power goes out.

Funny thing is that it doesn't have to be a hurricane to set off the frenzy anymore. All the media has to do is say that there is a strong storm front coming in and their off to the races. It was only a few years ago when this first started happening, pretty much after Katrina.

Now I'm not bashing anyone for being prepared as I always keep a set of extra batteries, and a couple of gallons of water handy but there is no need to horde for a months supply just for a bad couple of days heh...

Man, I could go on and on but I think most of the blame is the media they still use the Katrina disaster to fuel the fire so they can get their ratings. What people don't remember is that most of the damage from Kat was not actually the storm itself but the breaking of the faulty levies along with a few blunders. Its strange though..katrina was not the first hurricane that we ever had, so why is it thats all storms all of a sudden are so catastrophic now and not before...

11. Sep 24, 2008 at 7:19 AM
    Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico New Member

Member:
    You can find gas once you get out of East Cobb. I bought gas in Dunwoody and my wife got gas in Kennesaw yesterday without having to wait in line.

12. Sep 24, 2008 at 11:59 AM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    That's EXACTLY the problem.

13. Sep 24, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    No gas eh? That sucks!!! Good luck to those that live there...

14. Sep 24, 2008 at 1:26 PM
    genxer36

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Amen! Brother.

It is complete bs to say the news media has nothing to do with it. If they didn't over-hype it & scare people. None of this would be a problem.

15. Sep 24, 2008 at 2:15 PM
    wushaw

wushaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 AC TRD 4x4 6sp

I just bought my Taco in Hendersonville NC last Thursday. I flew to Nashville from Dallas and drove to Asheville to drop it off at their regional airport and the local stations there were out of fuel but no problems in Hendersonville or any other places I got gas on my trip back to Dallas Tx.

Your local news media needs to tone it down or start siphoning their tanks so they can see what they are causing.

16. Sep 24, 2008 at 2:20 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    It was the group anon that started the false rumors, hence the idiots masses started a panic and ran to fuel up every container they have... which then caused a real shortage. The internet is so great, yet can be so cruel.

17. Sep 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM
    genxer36

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Holy shit! Batman....

$5.97! :eek: Yep that is what the sign said. This is at the QT off 316 near Dacula. Lines were out in the street. WTF?

Every gas station I passed that had gas, the lines were into the street.:eek:

Luckily I won't need gas for about 4 days.

18. Sep 28, 2008 at 5:20 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    That's just crazy. Gas has been dropping here. Regular was $3.54 yesterday at a local Exxon.

19. Sep 28, 2008 at 5:46 PM
    genxer36

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Ours was dropping before IKE. It was down to $3.69.

Now most stations are between $3.97-$4.19 (except for the QT, @$5.97)

Products Discussed in

To Top