Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Was there an optional alarm system on 2005 Tacomas?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Hadoken is on a distinguished road
Hadoken's Tacoma Gallery
Was there an optional alarm system on 2005 Tacomas?

I'm still looking for the perfect used Tacoma for me, and the current one I am looking at is a 2005 Tacoma doublecab prerunner TRD Sport. On the dash to the left of the wheel and right of the 120V outlet switch is a red light/button that was illuminated when I got into the truck. I've never seen it on a Tacoma before, but most of the ones I looked at were just SR5s, not TRD Sport models. Any ideas what this red lighted button could be? I didn't notice any special alarms or anything, but I figured I would ask here before I drive back to look at it and make an offer.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Got any pictures?

Does the seller/dealer know what it is?

What's the remote look like?

There is a factory optional alarm - but I doubt it'd have a special button. The alarm would be integrated with the door locks & such. Atleast, if it was installed by toyota.

Perhaps its something the previous owner installed? What's the button look like?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
If the light looks like this, then yes, it's the factory alarm.

Marc M
Old 09-22-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
/\ Not factory if it looks like that. Maybe a dealer option, but, definately not factory.

Marc M
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 PM   #5
Dirty White Boy

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
OK, it wasn't in the truck when I bought it. It is an OEM Toyota Part, I just happened to install it myself.

Marc M
Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 AM   #6
Hadoken is on a distinguished road
Hadoken's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
could look like this

That's definitely the button this one had, but I think it just came straight out of the dash instead of in the blank plate...I'm going to look at it again tonight and we'll see. The button is about the size of a regular round pencil eraser.

The remote looked like the standard, but it only worked to unlock, not to lock..is that a broken remote or could it be something with the position of the little red button?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
Brian Price is on a distinguished road
Brian Price's Tacoma Gallery
06 factory alarm?

I have a blinking truck in the middle of my dash, i think the thing has only worked like twice. I didnt even know it was my truck untill i walked over to it ,and then i just started laughing.still works once every six months....for no reason. Is this rediculous or is it meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:49 AM   #8
Dirty White Boy

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
The blinking truck icon is for the engine immobilizer.

Marc M
Old 09-25-2008, 07:16 AM   #9
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
The blinking truck icon is for the engine immobilizer.

Marc M
I'd wondered what the light was for... thanks for clearing that up
Guess I could have read the owners manual, naaw, that'd be too easy.