Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Which KC slimlites?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
Which KC slimlites?

Hey, I'm looking at getting some KC slimlites to mount on my bull bar. I like the Blue Ice bulbs that I can get with the Titanium finish, but I was wondering which beam pattern is better, either driving or off-road/long distance? My driving is about 90% backroads with very little traffic so I'm thinking that the offroads might be better because they'll offer more distance than the driving beam. Also i really like the fact that they have twice as much candle power.

So any suggestions/experiences?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I would say go with the pencil beams
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #3
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
and by pencil beams you mean the off roads? haha i'm new to this
Old 09-23-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Exactly heres what it means
A pencil beam is just that - a very long, narrow beam - very specialized. Used for rally in conjunction with other lamps and used for desert racing but with at least a dozen on a vehicle. Will light a reflector at two miles. Not useful unless you have a lot of them. DOT requires that pencil driving lights be wired so that they go off when your low beams come on.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #5
so these would be good: http://www.autoanything.com/lights/6...&from_search=1

the long range/off-road ones with the titanium finish (so i can get the "blue ice") at 130 watts and 300,000 candle power?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Those would be nice and a good add on
Old 09-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
Rockstar Junkie will become famous soon enough

Rockstar Junkie's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Rockstar Junkie
I have some Spot/Pencil Beam HID Lights for sale in the For Sale Section... If interested, check them out.....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ights-bts.html
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #8
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I have 100W Pro Comp offroad pencil beam lights on my bull bar. It is amazing how far those lights shine. However, it is truely like a pencil (straight ahead, nothing to the sides at all). It just depends on what you want. You would not want to use pencil beams anywhere on a city street.

Products Discussed in this Thread