Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Airbag light on. How to turn it off

Old 04-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
Drabbit17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Diego
Drabbit17's Tacoma Gallery
Airbag light on. How to turn it off

Hello all. I got a Tacoma 2005, and I would like to know how to turn the airbag light off without taking it to the dealership. I bought it a few days ago so I really don't know why it is on in he first place so I would like to try to reset it just to check if the light stays off or if it turns on again.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if the airbag light is on, something is wrong. you can try pulling the battey connections to reset everything, but it will pop again. if you bought it from a dealer or used car place, i'd take it back. it could be anything from a loose plug under the seats, to the clockspring busted in the steering wheel, and everything between.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Mine came on after I replaces my spark plugs WTF
Old 04-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #4
Drabbit17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Diego
Drabbit17's Tacoma Gallery
the thing is that I bought it in the states and Im from Costa Rica, central America, so is kind of hard to take it back where I bought it.

Is there a way conecting the terminals in the engine harness? or something like that?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
If you disable the airbag and get in an accident, the insurance company can deny your claim. You intentionally disabled a safety system.