Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Haynes repair manual

Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Haynes repair manual

The best $ you can spend on your truck. Found a used one on line & cant put it down. Also works good when the old lady wants to talk. Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
I lol'd at when your wife wants to talk.

Toyota threw the manual "electrical wiring diagram" when I went in for my last service (they had to fix some electrical problem).
Old 04-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenpachiZaraki View Post
What aboot Chilton eh?
Also a good one, I found the Haynes at a used book store for 14 bucks. If it had been a Chilton it was also going home!! Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have been waiting for Haynes to extend the range to 2010 but it doesn't look like they will so I will buy it anyway.

The manuals on TTORA are nice but way they are set up sucks. I would like one PDF file for my year.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #6
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhk View Post
How about downloading the OEM manual for free from the interwebz?
2000 pages are so With the cost of copy paper!!! Some of the ome crap is hard for a dum ass like me to understand. This book is on the easy side. Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
buddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuddywh1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 2nd Bomb Wing
buddywh1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The manuals on TTORA are nice but way they are set up sucks. I would like one PDF file for my year.
x2

There're a few really nice things about Haynes and Chiltons:

1...they have the common maintenance items all nicely bundled together with ALL the steps required instead of referring you to a bunch of odd references (like referring to another procedure to remove the air cleaner when you want to remove the valve covers).

2...they frequently (usually) tell you common hand tool equivalents to replace special tools the service manual tells you to use.

and

3...they will help with easier/quicker shortcuts than the service manual

That said, there's also bad things about them: they frequently get torque values wrong. So it's good idea to refer to service manual to confirm, along with a little common sense.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddywh1 View Post
x2

There're a few really nice things about Haynes and Chiltons:

1...they have the common maintenance items all nicely bundled together with ALL the steps required instead of referring you to a bunch of odd references (like referring to another procedure to remove the air cleaner when you want to remove the valve covers).

2...they frequently (usually) tell you common hand tool equivalents to replace special tools the service manual tells you to use.

and

3...they will help with easier/quicker shortcuts than the service manual

That said, there's also frequent bad things about them: they frequently get torque values wrong.
Thank you X2 all= easy to use!!! Jim
Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Haynes and chiton draw on the same source material and use the same photos.

No point in buying both.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Haynes and chiton draw on the same source material and use the same photos.

No point in buying both.
X2 on things to do when the old lady wants talk!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
I like having both, i see that haynes her way manual has moar pictures, but chilton has more literature, so. I usually end up buying both in case one has info the other doesn't. I get like 5 hp having both manuals
Old 04-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Anybody know where they have the downloadable version of the tech manuals for these trucks? Preferably for 2010, but just want to cross reference torque values cuz haynes said torque for the u bolts was 37 ftlbs, and that seems a little low.
The collection for free only has them up to 2006. http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/index.html You will have to pay for a 2010 manual. This place has the paperback for cheaper than Toyota sells them: http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?Style=helm
Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #14
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I bought mine for $15 shiped off Amazon a year ago. Best money spent, learned a lot from reading it.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
What kind of prehistoric punch card monster are you using in place of a modern computer?

A little hint... some time in the last, oh, 50 years, computers were enhanced to store data MAGNETICALLY, and OPTICALLY. You don't need paper any more

Time for an upgrade?
Yes but not all of us have laptops so carrying a desktop down to the garage and setting it up where you need it isn't much fun. Some people prefer a paperback.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:34 PM   #16
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes but not all of us have laptops so carrying a desktop down to the garage and setting it up where you need it isn't much fun. Some people prefer a paperback.
Put it on your Ipad duh
Old 04-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #17
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Put it on your Ipad duh
I'm not cool enough to surround myself with I stuff. Also I'm sure an electronic device won't like getting grease on it.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not cool enough to surround myself with I stuff.
Isee
Old 04-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
What kind of prehistoric punch card monster are you using in place of a modern computer?

A little hint... some time in the last, oh, 50 years, computers were enhanced to store data MAGNETICALLY, and OPTICALLY. You don't need paper any more

Time for an upgrade?
No stone age shit is still good, i want to up grade but im holdin out till new shit stops coming out
Old 04-08-2011, 12:45 PM   #20
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Put it on your Ipad duh
WTF IS DAT???