1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to find best deal for Tacoma in southeast?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aimcat, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:18 AM
    aimcat

aimcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    My husband and I are trying to buy a new 2011 Tacoma and want a Long bed, 4 door, 4x4, TRD sport and would like the JBL audio but ok with just the 6 disc. We are a loan approved already but trying to keep the overall price at 30,000 or less. Anyone out there have any insight into the best deals in the southeast? We are on the VA/TN line...we have checked MANY dealerships around but no one seems to want to work the price much!

2. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    DSMissed

DSMissed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    FYI the dealerships will ALWAYS want more than a private owner... I will never buy from a dealership. I would be looking on craigslist/ebay classifieds/auto trader for the best deals, and pick and choose from there.

Just clicked on CL in memphis, and found a dealership one.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/ctd/2311151255.html

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    aimcat

Member:
    I totally agree but our loan will ONLY allow us to buy from a dealership...:(

4. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:47 AM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    I added a link, check it out!

5. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:59 AM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    I offer a process we used on my wife's 4-Runner. First decided how far we were willing to travel. Then somewhat tediously used the Toyota web site to garner e-mail addresses of the dealers in our travel area. Composed an e-mail stating our desires for color equipment and most importantly requesting a bottom line cost (vehicle, dealer prep, tax, title, etc.). Told them we were contacting other dealers and would bring a cashier's check for the entire amount if they had the best bid. Sent identical e-mail to all. Not all responded, but the price range was slightyl over $2,000 between highest and lowest. Ended up picking it up from a dealer 3 hours drive away - Keith Pierson Toyota in Jacksonville, FL. Got the truck the day after the SE Toyota distributor released it to the dealer. They would have delivered at same price but wife wanted to be the first "official" driver - I think she and the truck bond somehow that I don't quite understand. Was told by the salesman that most dealers now have an Internet sales department that operates at a lower markup than traditional sales (don't know if true or not). Makes some sense since he spent a grand total of ten minutes with us plus whatever time it took him to produce the quote. We spent more time with the finance officer handing over the check, signing papers for title, etc....and like they say, time is money.

6. Apr 9, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    aimcat

Member:
    The problem i keep running into is we REALLY want the upgrade JBL but we are having a hard time finding it....ill just be honest on prices....we have found a LB 4door trd sport at a NC dealership for out the door price except taxes (which we can pay at our VA DMC) with including a bull bar and roof rack for 29,988 then we found the JBL truck we want exact same minus the accessories for 31500 and minus taxes.

7. Apr 9, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    DSMissed

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    So basically you are willing to spend a lot of extra $$ for a JBL system?? For around $750 you could get an aftermarket touch screen headunit and upgrade all the speakers to be even better than the factory JBL system... just saying.

8. Apr 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM
    aimcat

Member:
    No no I dont want to spend a lot more for the JBL....just we dont like to do a lot of mods...just wanted to try and keep it the best factory as possible.

9. Apr 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    06silverbullet

06silverbullet Active Member

Member:
    Salem, SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DC 4X4
    3" Toytec w/ AAL's. GT Covers seat covers, Weathertech floorliners, 3M tint, Century Ultrasport cap w/ Yakima load warrior basket.
    I just went through the same thing. Got my best deal at Bryan Easler Toyota in Hendersonville, NC. Jim Barkley Toyota is about 20 minutes from him and they have a good price competition going. They both have a lot of 4x4 trucks on thier lot. I got an 2011 SB DC Trd sport 4x4 for 27,200 at Bryan Easler Toyota. Good luck!!!

10. Apr 9, 2011 at 12:18 PM
    aimcat

Member:
    The current deal on the non JBL truck is a price im getting from there! Good to know they have happy customers. I will check the other place as well.

11. Apr 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    jinxed77

jinxed77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4.0L TRD SR5 4x4
    So called factory high end stereo systems have always been disappointing to me even the Bose systems. They always seem to be way over priced and over rated. I say just go aftermarket. Then get what you want for a better price. But I would check Knoxville,lots of dealerships with big selections.

12. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    MattS67

MattS67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    www.truecar.com - just used this to negotiate pricing locally and ended up getting my Tacoma for around $5500 under sticker price.

13. Apr 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    east

east Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.E. N.C.
    Vehicle:
    Stock 4x4
    I had good results with Leith Toyota in Raleigh, N.C. I got mine new for invoice.

Eric

14. Apr 22, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    Can find GREAT deals on them around a port town. Jacksonville Fl, Brunswick Ga. Dont have to be transported and pay additional fees.

15. Apr 22, 2011 at 12:58 PM
    Sport11

Sport11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kingsport, TN
    Vehicle:
    Dodge Ram 1500
    Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville, NC. Plan on buying the wife's 4-runner from there also, if I can ever convince her that she needs one.

16. Apr 22, 2011 at 1:06 PM
    JakesTRD

JakesTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Newland, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    16" Ivan Stewart Wheels, 265/75/16 BFG TA/KO, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, 15% tint all around, 5100's @ .85 with eibach coils, Rear TSB w/ Toytec 1.5" AAL and extended length 5100's, AFE air filter, Fog light mod, AVS in channel rain quards, LineX'ed TRD skid plate, Low profile tool box
    Phil Bachman Toyota in Johnson City TN were great to deal with when i got my truck back in 09. The truck dept manager Kelly is a great guy to deal with too.

17. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:39 PM
    thebottomline

thebottomline Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pac NW
    Vehicle:
    11 sport
    Find the nearest dealer who sells at invoice pricing.
    That is by far the easiest method.
    I can list a few.....

18. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    taco221

taco221 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Cumming,GA
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab sr5 PreRunner.
    BHLM.Tinted tailights.Completely debadged.32% tint up front.Anytime foglights.Yellow foglights.Plasti dipped rear bumper.3 inch toytec lift.Duratracs and moto metal 955's,diff breather mod and colormatched grille/ and soon to be billet grille.
    I got mine from Stone Mountain Ga Toyota.They really work with you over there.I owed alittle over seven grand on my car and they paid it off for me even though it wasnt worth that much.I didnt even put a down payment either.Got my truck for $19,000.With 30,000 miles on it

Products Discussed in

To Top