Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'09 AC Costs More than a DC (WTF?)

Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
'09 AC Costs More than a DC (WTF?)

So, I was bored and wondering something about the different prices on various lengthed Tacoma beds, and went to the Toyota.com 'build your own' thing.

Can anyone tell me why a PreRunner access cab costs MORE than a double cab? Given it's only $45 more (24,979 vs. 24,935), I'd tend to think the DC would be more...

Old 09-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
PhoenixCadet
Suck it, Trebek.

I do NOT have ADD.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #3
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
PhoenixCadet
Suck it, Trebek.

I do NOT have ADD.
You so do, ADD-boy.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Professional High Fiver
Oh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really niceOh_Six_Taco_4x4 is just really nice

Oh_Six_Taco_4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Cause Access Cabs are the shit! Thats why!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
The 'build your own' thing on the Toyota website isn't up to date yet for the '09 model year.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
rkdiddy is on a distinguished road

rkdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
That's because the transformer-isc subwoofer in the AC is worth so much money - they have to charge more.

I mean who wouldn't want that thing sitting between their rear seats?

Plus some say, it adds 30 hp!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #8
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdiddy View Post
That's because the transformer-isc subwoofer in the AC is worth so much money
hmmm all this time i thought i had part of Ironman in my backseat...
Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Is the double cab a Prerunner? 4X4? 2wd?
Prerunner versus Prerunner.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
pre-runner is a 2wd truck, that's all there is