Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Like that gas mileage!!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Air Force: Security Police
Name: John
oldranger821's Tacoma Gallery
Like that gas mileage!!!!

Sure like that gas mileage. 22.6 miles per gallon. 2011 AC Tacoma. First fillup... My Ford Ranger PU was getting maybe 15 at best. Took the Taco to Mobile AL yesterday and REALLY like the way it drives at 65-70 MPH.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
jking3002 is on a distinguished road

Army: USAG Fort Knox
Name: Jonathan
jking3002's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. You get the I4 because the cheaper purchase price, or because gas mileage? Just curious.

Mine was a little bit of both. Mainly though it was purchase price because if I wanted the V6 I would have had to go AC. So I probably would have ended up spending about 5-6K more on the truck. I am glad though that I have the 4-banger when I go to the gas station. Sure, its only about 5-10 percent better fuel economy, but my calculations based on my driving habits show it saves me about 64 gallons a year, or around $200.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
oldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant futureoldranger821 has a brilliant future
Both Jonathan. I don't tow anything so the V6 was not needed and don't hot dog around in the truck. It's a nice ride. Age here is 65, so I am not into all that stuff. She will probably stay stock with a few enhancements.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm kind of glad they are putting the SWB paint on more levels of this truck. Depending on who you talk to, it was only available on TRD and X-Runner for a while...I was glad to get my SR5 in SWB.

Your 5-lugger looks nice in that color.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
jking3002 is on a distinguished road

Army: USAG Fort Knox
Name: Jonathan
jking3002's Tacoma Gallery
^ agreed. No offense to anyone, but I normally don't like the look of stock 5-luggers (now with a few mods they can be SWEET!), or SWB paint jobs... However, that AC 5-lugger looks sweet in SWB!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:17 AM   #6
Thanks guys. I originally was going with Pyrite Mica because when I built it on line the site said it was not available. I was snoopy around at the dealership one Sunday and seen the SWB color and fell in love with it and started working on getting it to show up. No luck. Then went to the dealership and got with richard and explained what I wanted. He checked and there was 4 in the whole eastern half of the US.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Good mpg and sweet looking truck John.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:30 AM   #8
North Georgia Trip

Really like the on the road mileage. Did it twice to make sure. 25.7 MPG on my trip to Greenville , Ga. Did not push it hard, 70 on the 4 lanes. Dodged tornados Wednesday night. 3 miles to the north and 5 miles away to the south. No damage to LIL Blue.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #9
rizzo20 will become famous soon enoughrizzo20 will become famous soon enough

rizzo20's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! 25+ mpg in a pickup truck is downright awesome.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Hi John,Glad the new taco is doing good.Snow white the grocery store princess is still getting almost 20 mpg at 40,000. but i do drive like Im ret. now, 70 with the c.c. set is the way to go. Looked at nice 08 tundra crew with 21000 mi. for sale by a 80 y.o. as new in and out its down to 20 k and no takers he told me to name your price. the other half thinks its to big but i want it. We know how this will go. Keep you posted.. Jim
Old 04-30-2011, 08:01 AM   #11
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by river rat 69 View Post
Hi John,Glad the new taco is doing good.Snow white the grocery store princess is still getting almost 20 mpg at 40,000. but i do drive like Im ret. now, 70 with the c.c. set is the way to go. Looked at nice 08 tundra crew with 21000 mi. for sale by a 80 y.o. as new in and out its down to 20 k and no takers he told me to name your price. the other half thinks its to big but i want it. We know how this will go. Keep you posted.. Jim
Is it the 5.7 Tundra?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #12
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
OP .... congrats on the purchase and choice.

I am in the same position as you .... I bought what I will use it for ... not what the neighbors and friends think I should have.

I have a '10, basically the same model as your's.

Check out my fuel use below to give you some idea of what you may get, just click on the link.

Keeping it under 2000 rpms is a big factor.

Tint the front windows to 35% and you'll be good ..... enjoy your ride.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #13
Banned
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Is it the 5.7 Tundra?
Yes and maxed out, real nice one.. We have had toyota trucks from 84 till now all small or mid size . I just want something big (Tundra) cuz I can. Six mo. down the road I might say WTF did i do.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #14
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yes and maxed out, real nice one.. We have had toyota trucks from 84 till now all small or mid size . I just want something big (Tundra) cuz I can. Six mo. down the road I might say WTF did i do.

Wow, that seems like a killer deal for 20k!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
Quote:

yeah. I really like it. Like you I don't push it hard. GOOD LUCK with the other half and the new truck!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:27 PM   #16
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
OP .... congrats on the purchase and choice.

I am in the same position as you .... I bought what I will use it for ... not what the neighbors and friends think I should have.

I have a '10, basically the same model as your's.

Check out my fuel use below to give you some idea of what you may get, just click on the link.

Keeping it under 2000 rpms is a big factor.

Tint the front windows to 35% and you'll be good ..... enjoy your ride.
Thanks Jimmy. Will check out the window tint thing. I am in florida and they have some quarky laws here on tinted windows. I don't blame them cause the cops need to see who is in the car. I was a cop at one time so I have been there.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo20 View Post
Nice truck! 25+ mpg in a pickup truck is downright awesome.
Yeah, my ford ranger 2004 was getting maybe 14-15 miles per gallon.
Glad to be in my new Taco.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #18
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldranger821 View Post
Thanks Jimmy. Will check out the window tint thing. I am in florida and they have some quarky laws here on tinted windows. I don't blame them cause the cops need to see who is in the car. I was a cop at one time so I have been there.
You're a tad older (seasoned ... ha) than me. You and I are most likely cut from the same cloth. We drive smart, keep the music down and don't draw attention to ourselves ..... 35% tint will match the rear side windows well ..... take a look ....