Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

good looking wheels for desert sand

Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
good looking wheels for desert sand

im looking for some relatively cheap wheels like under 200 that dont look really ricy. the stockers look ugly in my color so wht do you guys think. yes i searched but not many people have desert sand mica
Old 04-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

here r some of the wheels we were thinking of rite now

heres a pic of the taco for reference

these r a little small

Old 04-10-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
I personally am not really a fan of any of those, but it all depends on the style you are going for. Have you though about any of the factory wheels, possibly from a FJ or tundra? You can get some classic styling in a 17 that could look pretty good on a 2wd desert sand.

Edit... hmmm just remembered its a 5 lug. Crap.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #4

i wish i could use fj, i like them alot but theres no non tunner 5 lugs. the ones that r to American muscle
Old 04-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #5
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
I think all black wheels looks best on that color. Add some tinted windows and blacked out badges and it'd look awesome. (just my personal preference)
Old 04-10-2011, 02:52 PM   #6
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
i say enduros if you can find them, the only thing is i think they are discontinued or something along those lines
Old 04-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
Ready to travel
Sharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSharpie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet Corp
Sharpie's Tacoma Gallery
I think black wheels would look best, but no idea where you'd find ones for a 5 lug. Maybe plasti-dip the ones you have and see if you like the look?
Old 04-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #8

plastic dip r spray paint? also i cant tint in my state
Old 04-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #9
VanCity Taco.
ilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to beholdilg is a splendid one to behold

ilg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buickgnx View Post
plastic dip r spray paint? also i cant tint in my state
Yes, it's basically a rubberized spray paint. If you don't like it, you can peel it off.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 PM   #10

i know what it is. does it come in a spray can form?
Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #11
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
black wheels would look good

Old 04-10-2011, 05:44 PM   #12

can i hav a side pic plz. they look rlly good. can i ask how much u paid? also how would 35% look? thats the max
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #13
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
that truck is not mine. I think its lifted to fit the 31s
31x10.5 BFGoodrich Dueler A/T tires
15" Black Gloss Pacer wheels
Side Pic:

Old 04-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #14

thanks. they kinda look like my 3 pic
Old 04-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks. they kinda look like my 3 pic
No problem, I have a bunch of other 5-lugger pics in my gallery so you can see if you like something else.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #16

will do.

which wheels are these?
Old 04-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #17
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
her is a pic of my silver streak with 35%
Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
will do.

which wheels are these?
Those are OEM Tacoma X-Runner 18" wheels painted charcoal grey

Old 04-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #19
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
In reference to the tint, 35% will still look a whole lot better than stock clear windows.

You can normally get away with darker, depending the state your in. In WA legal is 35, but I've had 15 on all my vehicles with no problems!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #20

will 5X4.5 aka 5X114.3 fir on my taco? .3mm cant make alot of diff rite?