Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

O/H console temp & compass information

Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
O/H console temp & compass information

Hey guys, wanted to let everyone know this information.....

I just picked up a used O/H console with the temp and compass option and installed it in my 2011 DC SR5 that came with the O/H console with the garage door opener space and the sun glass storage space.

It is total plug and play! All the wiring is already in place and I just plugged in the connectors that were in the overhead and it's done!

VERY EASY, takes less than 5 mins and all you need to do is remove one screw.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 AM   #2
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
I have the garage door opener / sunglass holder console too. How do you know if the compass option is compatable ?? Or are they all pre-wired...
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #3
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maser View Post
I have the garage door opener / sunglass holder console too. How do you know if the compass option is compatable ?? Or are they all pre-wired...
Not sure about other years, can only speak for my 2011.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
RiderOnTheStorm will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
RiderOnTheStorm's Tacoma Gallery
Could you post some pics??
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #5
TacoTodd is on a distinguished road
TacoTodd's Tacoma Gallery
What year was the replacment unit from, any pics available
Old 04-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
Could you post some pics??
Yes, will try to post some pics, but may be a day or so before I can get it done.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoTodd View Post
What year was the replacment unit from, any pics available
Replacement was from a 2009.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Good info bizjettech. I basically did the same with a 2005 4Runner a few years ago. All the wiring was there, just plug it in and snap in place. Instant upgrades.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
The 2009+ system is different from the 2008 and prior. The ambient temp sensor is used by the HVAC control circuitry in the 2009+, so all trucks have the sensor. The way the sensor communicates with the overhead console was changed in 2009, so pre-2009 consoles will not work in 2009+ trucks and vice versa.