1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Whats a fair price?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cameraperson, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Apr 11, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    cameraperson

cameraperson [OP] TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameraperson ADK
    DC and Lake Ozonia in the ADKs
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 TrD sport
    Roof Rack, Auto Ignition, Full-time switchable camera over the rear tag, steering wheel cover, light floor mats, Gravimetric torpedoes
    I have to sell my truck. :mad: My new job pays less, and the commute is FAR- so I need to re-arrange my life a bit. I would like to post my truck for sale and I have no idea what is a fair price. It's a 2007 with 75k miles, 4wd 4door. It has a heavy duty transmission cooler and lots of utilitarian things like that, but basically it's a kickass pickup with no rust or dings. It needs new tires, and if I might put new ones on before the sale- either way, I'll share some of the cost with the new owner to sweeten the deal, unless they want to get their own tires.

It also has a factory installed remote starter, roof racks, it's had all it's shots. I'm the 2nd owner, and I bought it at 50K miles- it was like new. It's always been a highway commuter and a grocery getter and occasionally a boat puller.

Whats the best place to sell the truck? And what's a fair price?

Thanks for any help you can provide. You guys always helped with the little things that cropped up, or with wiring and tips for trailering. Thanks again for all of that.

Mike

2. Apr 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    First off, sorry to hear the news about selling your truck. :(
    I usually use a combo of Craigslist, Edmunds Used TMV, NADA, KBB, & forums based on my zipcode whenever I am selling a vehicle. This gives you a few ballparks on what people are selling for in your area/region. A 4x4 low mileage DC tacoma like yours in my area sells fast priced right. You can start high then come down as need be. Test the waters so to speak.

There are so many variables but my success in selling is pricing correctly. You will see the same ads over and over if someone is overpriced.

I use Craiglist a lot & have good success with it. One thing to help make your photos bigger is to upload them to photobucket then cut & paste the html code into the body of your ad. The photos will pop off the screen as opposed to the four little small ones the site limits you to. Also, I put my phone number in there and say not interested in scam emails so call the number please.

GLWS.

3. Apr 18, 2011 at 8:04 AM
    cameraperson

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameraperson ADK
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 TrD sport
    Roof Rack, Auto Ignition, Full-time switchable camera over the rear tag, steering wheel cover, light floor mats, Gravimetric torpedoes
    thanks for the advice -
    much appreciated.

4. Apr 18, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    Kingfrog

Kingfrog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Rugged Trail Edition
    Undercover,Pop n Lock, Hardwired GPS, Garage door opener , Scanguage II, wireless back up camera, X994 Basslink, ...Prefer stock and non invasive functional mods
    IF you need the money today and don't mind wholesaling it......Carmax will buy it. However with fuel being high 6 cyl trucks may not be what they were at $2.50 a gallon. KBB is HIGH...Use Edmunds for real Market value.

In the northeast they use the Galves book which is alsoway lower than KBB. Or you can get the Carmax price and look at what they are SELLING used ones for since regular dealers post stupidy high "asking" prices and cannot be used as a reference . Carmax posts SELLING prices plus $149. That's the real TMV. But you have to watch them becasue tey reduce prices on stalled inventory....on the other hand they can get any vehicle in their network as well.

If you use a combo of Edmunds, KBB and NADA you will have a better idea what wholesale is. My neighbor works for a dealership and says the auctions are full of trucks right now. Mostly fullsize. But the 6 cyl trucks of all brands are also arriving becasue of situations like yours.

Wholesale between $17-18K on the low end Private party resale $18K if the buyer uses Edmunds. KBB will be $2000 higher

I see the model you have on Carmax for no haggle prices of $21K with those miles Carmax may offer $19K.

5. May 2, 2011 at 7:12 AM
    cameraperson

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameraperson ADK
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 TrD sport
    I sold it. :-[

But you guys helped me make an informed decision. I bought a honda civic commuter. Maybe someday I'll get back into the truckin and ramblin and pullin boats and stuff- but its not for a while.

Thanks for all your help...
    frenchy

6. May 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Honda Civic. Good move.

Good luck.

Steve

Products Discussed in

To Top