Notices

Wink bar/ 5 panel rear view mirror

Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Phenom3030 is on a distinguished road

Army: EOD
Name: Jon
Phenom3030's Tacoma Gallery
Wink bar/ 5 panel rear view mirror

Hey all, just wanted to share something i did with my Tacoma today. Carrying over a fad/mod that the import/compact car enthusiasts do. I also own an acura integra for a project car and have done this to it as well.
I loved how I could see a lot more to the rear of my integra so I figured I'd put it in the truck too. I can see out of both windows of the rear doors and to both sides of the truck bed.

And yes that is a Hello Kitty air freshener... It's the girlfriends contribution to making the truck smell like cucumber melon.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I run an AllView in both my race truck and tow rig. The things are great and don't have the visual choppiness of the split pane mirrors.

That mirror in your truck is W-I-D-E! Does it block any of your view?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
huge distraction. Why do you need 5 rear view mirrors? I understand field of view but there are better options.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
wow! they still make those??? i had one in high school, and i won't even tell you how long ago that was!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Phenom3030 is on a distinguished road

Army: EOD
Name: Jon
Phenom3030's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I run an AllView in both my race truck and tow rig. The things are great and don't have the visual choppiness of the split pane mirrors.

That mirror in your truck is W-I-D-E! Does it block any of your view?
Never noticed the choppiness but now that you mention it, I might! heh. Doesn't
block any of my view. It's mounted high enough to not be an obstruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
huge distraction. Why do you need 5 rear view mirrors? I understand field of view but there are better options.
It's not really 5 rear view mirrors to me. It's more of one long one with each angled to provide a large field of view. I've used broadway/allview/300mm wide convex type mirros before. They provide better field of view compared to oem ones but this one has provided the best to me so far.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
not for me
Old 04-11-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
That's trippy. Too bad you couldn't get a in view camera on each one.