Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I finally got my RTT on my Taco

Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
EricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricGagne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
EricGagne's Tacoma Gallery
I finally got my RTT on my Taco

I'm pretty happy with the results. I spent lot of time on the design cause I wanted a RTT Rack that would force me to sacrifice my rollup cover, bed divider and extender.

The rack sits on the sides of the bed, goes behind my Access cover rail which is behind the Tacoma rail.

The two extra poles (blueish on the drawing) are telescopic poles to hold my awning which I don't want to have higher than the cab top when driving.

The base angles are 3/16" thick aluminimum, the tubing making the rack is 1-1/2" aluminum. I purchased the material for the telescoping tubes from McMaster-carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#telescoping-tubing/=bu3uro page 1913)

Once I was happy with my drawing I decided to have a little fun.

I'm not a welder and I have no place to do that kind of work so I had to get someone to build it for me, they did a nice job (sorry for the bad pictures, my camera's dead and I used my cell phone).

I'll post more pictures in the coming weeks as I add stuff to it.

Next week-end I plan on putting theaded inserts on the poles on the passenger side, I will use them to add some Quick Fists to hold shovels.

I also have two Bajarack jerry can holder which I will bolt on the bed floor with an ammunition box between them to keep my straps and shackles.

I'd also like to fit extinguishers on the same side as the awning and maybe a net for light stuff under the RTT.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Enzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to beholdEnzo is a splendid one to behold

Name: Opie
Enzo's Tacoma Gallery
This is the exact same setup I'm going for except im going to buy the Thule xsporter 422xt. That looks awesome!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely Done
Old 04-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
very cool, thats a great idea
Old 04-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Tim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant futureTim A has a brilliant future

Air Force: TSgt
Tim A's Tacoma Gallery
very nice. I like that the rack will give you the option to mount tools on it.