1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front end clunk

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wheelieking396, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Apr 12, 2011 at 9:30 AM
    wheelieking396

wheelieking396 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner db cab trd off road
    I have a 06 4door pre-runner. I have a clunk in the front end when I go over Bumps or wash board type roads. I just had the front left strut replaced at toyota but the noise is still there. I can feel it in the steering wheel when I go over these type of roads. I have brought it back to toyota and done two road test with them but they are not much help. Im not crazy I know I hear a clunk in the left front wheel area. I have had the new tires rebalanced and rotated but it also did it with my old tires as well. Has anybody had a problem like this. any input will help. Thx.

2. Apr 12, 2011 at 11:12 AM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Yes. I have it on my 06. It's been doing it for over a year now. Nothing has broke, so I'm not going to worry about it. Some say it has to do with the brake pads, some say its the front axel.

Scroll all the way to the bottom of this page, and read some of the "similar threads"

3. Apr 12, 2011 at 11:17 AM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    If you feel it thru the steering wheel it could be the steering TSB. I had clunking/rattle sound and feel in my steering over rough roads. The TSB steering shaft replacement resolved it. It's in the TSB thread stickied at the top.

4. Apr 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM
    wheelieking396

wheelieking396 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner db cab trd off road
    thx but what does that mean TSB? I feel that Toyota does not like to to warranty work so much, and when I keep going back they think that I'm nuts. So if I tell them about the TSB shaft they told me that they put wrenches to all the front end and found nothing wrong. its driving me nuts. But thx for the advise and I'll try that when they call me to bring another service tech to look at/test drive again my truck.

5. Apr 12, 2011 at 2:49 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    TSB is a technical service bulletin. Just look at the stickied thread at the top of the forum.

T-SB-0019-10

Replaced with p/n: 45220-04020

6. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    supralight

supralight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2013 4Runner limited
    anybody has a link to a DIY of the ZIP TIE fix of this issue???? Dealer can't reproduce it, so I'll just use the cheap fix if there is any Do-It-Yourself...

Products Discussed in

To Top