1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Stanley, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Apr 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    Stanley

Stanley [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Silver
    Debadge, 5% Tint, Kolbalt Low Pro Tool Box, Satoshi, Ebay Black Headlights, 3000k Fogs With Yellow Stain glass Paint, Fog Anytime, Mag Light Mount, Husky Floor Liners, OME 3inch With 885's, Add Leaf, 16inch Steelies, 305/70/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countries, Tiregate Bed Mount, Sock Monkey Badges
    i know there are a lot of threads with questions about OME. first off i have an access cab. i plan on running the 885 coil with a top plate spacer and the add leaf in the back at first till i can afford some dakars. my question was that while i have an add leaf and the top plate spacer will i have some rear sag? should i run the 885 on an access cab or will it be too stiff? I do plan on running a bumper and a winch but it could be up to a year+ before i get it. so ill upgrade to the 886 then. sorry for making another thread but i cant find any info on that combo and how it sits. and i HATE rear sag. unless im wearing a flat bill

Pics your stance with a top plate spacer and only an add leaf would be appreciated.

2. Apr 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    Assuming you are 4x4, go with the 885s and the AAL. I would highly recommend not going with the top plates. Your CV angles will be way too steep with the top plates. This should sit close to level.

If you get the bumper and winch in the future, you can put those spacers on or get 886s if you want.

I had the 885s and top plates with bumper and winch on my 4cyl reg cab 4x4 and it too high. Too high meaning no down travel and very steep cv angles.

Look at my pics on my build page (link on bottom of post). The pics taken in that parking lot are with the top spacer. Most of the offroad pics are with it off. I have the dakar leaf pack btw.

Plus the top plate spacers with only an AAL in the rear would make you nose high, very likely.

Edit: I am running the dakar leaf pack though.

3. Apr 13, 2011 at 11:52 AM
    Stanley

Member:
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Silver
    Debadge, 5% Tint, Kolbalt Low Pro Tool Box, Satoshi, Ebay Black Headlights, 3000k Fogs With Yellow Stain glass Paint, Fog Anytime, Mag Light Mount, Husky Floor Liners, OME 3inch With 885's, Add Leaf, 16inch Steelies, 305/70/16 Dick Cepek Mud Countries, Tiregate Bed Mount, Sock Monkey Badges
    with out the top plate will i be able to run my 305/70/16 which is 32.8 by 12 without rub? and when i get dakars will it be too high in the rear with out the top plate spacers?

4. Apr 13, 2011 at 11:55 AM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    Im running 305/70/16 and had to do a cab mount chop or else it would rub quite a bit while offroad. It's better to do a cab mount chop to make tires clear rather than put your front end up too high. If the front is too high, you risk ruining you cvs and it'll ride like shit.

If you go with the dakars and no top plate spacer, you should be close to factory rake.

5. Apr 13, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    Stanley

Member:
    Breckenridge, CO
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 Silver
    yeah i planned on doing the chop. just worried about bumper/fender rub. and you answered all my worries. going for that factory rake look not a huge fan of level either but it will have to do with the add leaf for now. thanks for all the answers!!! your toy looks fun i should be there soon. now without the top plate couldn't i run stock UCAs for a bit? ive had my wheels and tires on my deck for 8 months and im tired of waiting. summer is here and ive got a lot of exploring/camping to do. if i could drop only 699 right now that would be the tity sprinkles. could have her off the ground in less than a month. i know i need new UCAs. not retarded. but technically couldnt i run stocks close to factory alignment with out the top plate?

6. Apr 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    U should be fine with stock ucas. Ur alignment may not be perfect but u will be ok

Products Discussed in

To Top