1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recall in November.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Gray Tacoma, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Apr 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    Gray Tacoma

Gray Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    northern West va
    Vehicle:
    11 Access cab-TRD Sport Package Mag.Gray
    We got a recall on our 07 Corolla in nov.it said the ECU module might be faulty and could cause the engine to shut off while driving .They said they would contact us when the parts were available.anyway 6 months passed and never heard any more about it then friday the Corolla shut off while driving 70 mph down the interstate,I got pulled over and after I turned the key off and on it started.Drove another 10 miles and shut off again..I had AAA take it to the dealer and they had the ECU and put it on ,anyway its fine now ,I was wondering if the Tacomas have had any computer problems?

2. Apr 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    marchand8

marchand8 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    phil
    St Amant, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    10 trd sport
    3'' suspension connection lift, brute force intake
    I work at Price LeBlanc Toyota and i have never heard of any computer problems on tacomas so i feel pretty confident to say that you have nothing to worry about. By the way, i know its a little late but on your corolla, if the car ever shuts off and wont start, just kick it a couple times like you would a blower motor and it should start right up. I had a few corollas that wouldnt start for me when i was bringing them into the shop so i kicked the ecm and it started.

3. Apr 13, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    Gray Tacoma

Member:
    northern West va
    Vehicle:
    Where is the ECU module located ,I was going to ask them but forgot.

4. Apr 13, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    marchand8

marchand8 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    phil
    St Amant, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    10 trd sport
    3'' suspension connection lift, brute force intake
    Its directly under your blower motor. you have to remove the glove box and unattach this plastic cover to get to it. if you reach under your glove box, you can grab the plastic cover and pull down and the two clips will fall out and there it is.

5. Apr 18, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    Gray Tacoma

Member:
    northern West va
    Vehicle:
    After the dealership put the new ECU module on they called and said the throttle body -fuel injectors were dirty on the Corolla and needed cleaned .I told the guy I'd buy a bottle of injector cleaner and run through it and he said it wouldnt help.Anyway he said they had a special process to do it and I told him to go ahead and do it ..They charged $150.00 The bill read Valvoline inj clean 1 00113-VPO71 VPS fuel & Air 3 $29.50 and total labor 103.50 Tax and misc charge $150 97 ..Have I been taken ? or is there a fuel system process they do.. the car is an 07 and only has 46,000 miles..

6. Apr 18, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    reg boulette

reg boulette Well-Known Member

Member:
    I think you got taken. First off, noticed adds for Official Toyota Snake Oil Products in the latest edition of Club Toyota Magazine or whatever it is called. Some product to add to your oil to 'clean oil passages and reduce sludge'. (regular oil changes do the same thing) As well, they are pushing some fuel injection stuff - add to gas tank. Too bad they have to stoop so low.

If the warning was about your Corolla, know that there is a bad gasket in the air airtake that has been upgraded and will get rid of a code saying 'lean condition'. It is usually worse in cold weather. Look it up in the Corolla section at Toyota Nation.

Products Discussed in

To Top