LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

has anyone done a btlm

Old 04-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
oven
Old 04-14-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
APTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedAPTJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
APTJ's Tacoma Gallery
someone tried to do that awhile back..its glued so well and you will end up cracking the lens. no the oven trick won't work on this one.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white2010taco View Post
As the title says it has anyone done a black tail light mod to the 2005-2011 tail lights. i took them out and look at them and dont seem that they are going to come apart very easy. any help?
You'd have to use a dremel to cut them apart and reseal them. They don't come apart like the headlights.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
zxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to all

zxtaco636's Tacoma Gallery
I have always used a vinyl tint overlay. Basically a vinyl cling decal you put over your tail light heat it up so that you can conform it to you lights and you are done. I have used them for years and thats all I will use. If you get pulled over and have to take it off you just peel it off there is no adhesive to worry about or anything. I never had an issue with them peeling up either if that is a concern, and I used car wash pressure washers on them. Never had an issue.

There is a company called rVinyl that you can order it through, I'm going to do my truck tail lights soon and the price is only going to be around 30 bucks.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #7
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
I have my head and tail lights tinted with a material that is similar to the tint that they use for your car/truck windows. My local shop that tinted my windows has this product from 3M that they use for tinting head and tail lights. It looks fantastic and it also protects the outer housing plastic from going opaque and yellowing.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:31 AM   #8
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
VHT Nightshades. It fades after awhile but not a biggy to retouch them IMO.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #10
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Just re-did my tail lights after 2 years of VHT Nihtshades. Love the stuff and takes bout half a day. and for removal...i just take them off and used nail polish removal.. doesnt ruin the lens
Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
a co-worker who had his tail lights darkened on his civic got rear ended last week. guess what, the report said its his fault. i would think hard before doing it.
x2 I will never tint my tails because of a fear that happening....
Old 04-16-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
zxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to allzxtaco636 is a name known to all

zxtaco636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian View Post
Rconectn, do you happen to know the name of that product that your tinter uses? I am quite interested in doing this when I finally get my truck. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure Rconectn is talking about the same product I am. It is a vinyl tint overlay. You can not use regular window tint on tail lights or headlights because it does not stretch enough to conform properly and when you heat it up it will actually fuse with the plastic. Again you can check out the website rvinyl.com
Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 AM   #13
Rconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shedRconectn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rconectn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian View Post
Rconectn, do you happen to know the name of that product that your tinter uses? I am quite interested in doing this when I finally get my truck. Thank you.
Let me call them and find out

OK, I called and they use this product called Lamin-x, it's fantastic stuff. I used the gun-smoke (medium color) on my head and tail lights . Here is the website http://www.lamin-x.com

Hope that helps
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
a co-worker who had his tail lights darkened on his civic got rear ended last week. guess what, the report said its his fault. i would think hard before doing it.
Good advice! I never thought about this and I was about to tint mine. Will not be doing the tint after all.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:03 AM   #15
Banned
Kingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shedKingfrog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Submarines-Sonar Tech
Kingfrog's Tacoma Gallery
Well then.............If I ever rear end someone I will hope they have tinted tail lights LOL......Damm they will find ANYTHING to absolve 100% responsibility for our wrong doings....
Old 04-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #16
The sherbet is fermenting........
Sgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud ofSgian has much to be proud of

Navy: test marketing positive thinking
Name: Matt
Sgian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rconectn View Post
Let me call them and find out

OK, I called and they use this product called Lamin-x, it's fantastic stuff. I used the gun-smoke (medium color) on my head and tail lights . Here is the website http://www.lamin-x.com

Hope that helps
Awesome, thanks Rconectn and ZXtaco636 for the info. Apologies for the thread hijack. matt