LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

tire pressure sensor, took spare tire off

Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
tire pressure sensor, took spare tire off

I went wheeling in my tacoma yesterday and the front tire had a stick in the sidewall. Tire could not be fixed. luckily I had the same tire for the spare. I have no spare tire on the spare rim on the back now and the tire pressure sensor wont go off. Is this due to there being no spare tire. The rim and tire had a tire pressure sticker on it. will it stay on if there is no spare tire on the back
Old 04-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
Nitro375 is on a distinguished road

Name: L.J.
Nitro375's Tacoma Gallery
Yep!
Old 04-14-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I went wheeling in my tacoma yesterday and the front tire had a stick in the sidewall. Tire could not be fixed. luckily I had the same tire for the spare. I have no spare tire on the spare rim on the back now and the tire pressure sensor wont go off. Is this due to there being no spare tire. The rim and tire had a tire pressure sticker on it. will it stay on if there is no spare tire on the back
Yes.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I thought the spare didn't have a sensor?????
Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Pre-2009's did
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
Depends on the year. I'm not sure when they stopped but I think up to 2009 has the TPMS in the spare.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
If your spare tire does not maintain tire pressure within a few pounds of the other 4 tires, the light will stay on. You need a new tire on that rim so you can put pressure in it and the light will go out next time it does a system check. It does system checks every now and then, automatically. Think it does a check when you start it up, but not sure. I took my spare out of my truck and put it in my shed, then the next day while I was about 50 miles away from home my light suddenly came on. That was how long before it did a systems check and noticed the spare tire sensor missing.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
Bowhunter
matthews bow is on a distinguished road
matthews bow's Tacoma Gallery
ya,you need tire pressure above 27 lbs to shut of light,usually light will go off after start up,this works for me in a 07
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Nitro375 is on a distinguished road

Name: L.J.
Nitro375's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Pre-2009's did
Yep, my 06 does.