1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

truck cap-glass shattered

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by boatswain, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Apr 14, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    boatswain

boatswain [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    I have'nt come across this in the forums-when I bought my 95 tacoma (used), it had a really nice cap on it, the type with the frameless windows. after about 2 yr., the back glass (hatch) totally self destructed,while sittin in my driveway- $500 to replace + shipping. took cap off and put on ground. while sitting there a small side window did the same thing, little pieces of glass all over the place. while looking for a cap for another truck, the ARE cap dealer actually mentioned that this was more likely to happen with the frameless type.(did'nt have the tacoma yet). I will put a cap on the 09 tacoma, that I recently purchased, and guarantee it won't be the frameless, even though they're nicer looking, but not worth the risk. I had no problems with the used cap that I purchased for the 95 taco (for less than replacing the glass),or the cap I bought for the other truck, which has been on for 11 yrs. now.

Products Discussed in

To Top