Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

new taco lettin me down....

Old 09-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #1
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
new taco lettin me down....

had to go to the dealer today b/c of condensation building up in the drivers side fog light so much that i had an aquarium starting....then i have to go back tomorrow and talk to the service manager about my fenders being flimsy. they bow in right behind the headlights and make a rubbing sound...and they also push in right below the headlights and make the plastic filler piece under them squeak....the 07 didnt do it...so we'll see how that goes
Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
sorry to hear bout the condensation, have any pics??
Old 09-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
i had that problem with my fog light when i bought the truck (used). the bulb wasn't installed correctly last time it was replaced. i took everything apart, drained / dried the case and used some odd utensils with cloth to get in there and clean it, put a new bulb in and its been good every since..

BTW

The dealer wouldnt fix it because whoever had the truck before me put blue bulbs in and didn't install them correctly so they wouldn't do it under the warranty..
Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mine were condensating before i changed bulbs....thats when i noticed it. i put my factory bulbs back in and they replaced the entire assembly
Old 09-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
mine were condensating before i changed bulbs....thats when i noticed it. i put my factory bulbs back in and they replaced the entire assembly

why did u change bulbs if u dont mind me asking
Old 09-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
thats good they fixed it. The service guy said he would look at mine to determine whether or not that would cover it under warranty, but that they most likely would not because it had been tampered with - then i would have to give them $100 just for lookin at it..so i decided to check it out myself. When i got under there to take it apart i noticed that the bulb wasnt even set in place correctly...easy fix =)
Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post
why did u change bulbs if u dont mind me asking
upgraded to 8000k xenon bulbs in the headlights and fogs
Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget

ooooo 8000k, sounds sexy
Old 09-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
ooooo 8000k, sounds sexy
nice and bright white...way better than stock...looks a lot better coming off the truck too
Old 09-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
Tuned By Gadget

Quote:
nice and bright white...way better than stock...looks a lot better coming off the truck too

doesnt it also produce less heat compared to the OEM bulbs
Old 09-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #11
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Hope they solve your problemsman.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
doesnt it also produce less heat compared to the OEM bulbs
that i have no clue. but the set of fogs and heads only cost me $30 shipped off ebay...good investment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=170259218075
Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

but on the upside, if i hurry and sell my motorcycle, i may get an 86 4runner for a trail rig....gotta see
Old 09-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
push in right below the headlights and make the plastic filler piece under them squeak....the 07 didnt do it...so we'll see how that goes
I'm having this problem with my truck. Everytime I wash just under the headlights it sounds like I'm a damn orchestrator! Please post your finding.