LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6 qts

Old 04-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
6 qts

Will 6 qts hurt my engine, 08 4.ltr?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Oil of course, dealer my wife works at put all 6 qts in today.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would drain the half but I don't think the extra half will do damage. Well if it does then it is the dealer's fault.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
no
Old 04-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
In my opioion no. Reason is on my 3.4 it's 5.5 quarts. I change it myself always. But the dealers and quick stop oil change places use a bulk oil system that counts the volume pumped into an oil change. So there must be a margin of error factored in. Just check dip stick and make sure you are not too full.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
Also put the filter in dry, so that could make up for the extra .5 quart. Just a thought
Old 04-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #7

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
It was a dry new filter
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You can't fill the filter on the 4.0s anyway because of the orientation of the filter. Well you could but you would spill oil all over the engine while trying to get the filter on.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #9

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You can't fill the filter on the 4.0s anyway because of the orientation of the filter. Well you could but you would spill oil all over the engine while trying to get the filter on.
That's true, forgot about that. My wife works at a Ford/Suzuki dealership, I buy my Mobil1, they use there filter, I don't have to fool with, disposal being the worst, for $8.00.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Badwin45 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Badwin45's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't worry about the extra 1/2 quart in the slightest. As long as you're got over the full mark, you're fine. I ALWAYS put a full 6 qts. in my old 1st gen V6 and never had or will have a problem.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:32 PM   #11

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the replys guys. I'll check tomorrow afternoon, as I'm working nights right now, just to see were it is for sure.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #13
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
thats a 4cylinder.............OP here has the 4.0 V6
I do 6 QT in my 4 cyl with no problems.

Here is a mid morning snack for you.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #14
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Just replace the oil filter and you will be good enough. As far as oil goes a quart low is better than a quart high since oil can froth when there is to much and cause issues.

http://cars.cartalk.com/content/advice/oilchanges.html