LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

drive line vibration after 3" lift install

Old 06-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
For those of us that haven't it would be nice if they corrected the fucking values in the FSM and Haynes manuals
I agree. However, At the beginning of the FSM, there is a chapter on how to calculate torque value for bolts. Im only aware of one person that has used it (not me).
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #22
tacoman2u is on a distinguished road
tacoman2u's Tacoma Gallery
So i checked the u-bolts and they were fine 75#. added CB drop, and already have the 1" diff drop installed. still vibrating but much better now. looks like i need to shim the rear. anyone know were i can order them? The rear was lifted 2" so i think i will try the 2deg shim, and thanks for the advice.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman2u View Post
So i checked the u-bolts and they were fine 75#. added CB drop, and already have the 1" diff drop installed. still vibrating but much better now. looks like i need to shim the rear. anyone know were i can order them? The rear was lifted 2" so i think i will try the 2deg shim, and thanks for the advice.
You can get 3* shims from Toytec
Old 06-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #24
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
the last Haynes manual i owned, i used as a jackpad on my floor jack to protect the cars...it worked GREAT!! lasted for years. in the end, i got a few more uses from it by wrapping it in duct tape. it was a GREAT manual.

"install in reverse"..hahah.