Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What does toyota make that is worth 20% off

Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe a roof rack? Those are pretty neat and something that there's really not an aftermarket alternative for. If the bed mats are $120, you can find it cheaper elsewhere even with the 20% discount through JCWhitney or even a local autoparts store. Do you like any of the TRD accessories, shift knobs, TRD air filter, CAI, exhaust for example? Another idea would be the TRD all-weather mats for the inside although Husky or Weathertechs would again be a better choice and probably cheaper.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #23
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Some one else said it; a case of oil filters would be nice.

Steve
Old 04-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #24
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
A supercharger actually adds gas mileage if you don't drive differently. It's proven on the taco.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Coupon seems to be good for any amount of parts for 1 single purchase. Not just 1 part.

I'd get the bed mat, and the roof rack if you have a use for one. Didn't Toyota make a bed tent? That could be useful if you camp.

If you don't have it already the back up camera would be neet to have as well.

You have the SR5 model so if you care about such things could get paint matched fender flares/grills/bumpers/etc..

Not a lot of really cool OEM parts but def are some nice-to-have's.

GL!

EDIT: The TRD CAI has been mentioned but from my reading it is the same or worse performance (sucks air from the engine bay rather than inside the fender) so I wouldn't spend money on this for any price personally. At some point a nice aftermarket filter (AFE Pro Dry S) in the stock system would be the way to go.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #26
zuckdan is on a distinguished road
zuckdan's Tacoma Gallery
All great suggestions. The coupon is dealer specific. Stevinson West in Denver.

The oil filters (also maybe some air and cabin filters) are the best idea I see here. Why don't I just buy 5,000 of each for 20% off and go into business ebaying and craigslisting them for 10% below retail. I would love to see their reaction as I walked up to the counter coupon in hand and asked for 15,000 various filters. Maybe I will just cruise into the parts dept and see what they have on display or flip through some catalogs. I wish there was a good place online to browse all toyota made parts and accessories. anyone got a point to anything like that?
Old 04-17-2011, 01:53 AM   #27
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckdan View Post
Yeah the exhaust might be a good idea.
Yeah awhile ago I got a 20% off genuine toyota accessories from my local dealership and got the TRD cat-back for 20% and installed it my self. It was really simple to install.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #28
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Sc and Trd headers.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 AM   #29
bigcoffinhunter is on a distinguished road
bigcoffinhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat - if I remember correctly - $75 - and it is excellent and outstanding. No reason to spend $100.
I paid $75 for mine as well, don't remember the brand, but it's fantastic.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #31
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Extra tie down cleats, bed and rail.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #32
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Start a group buy for 10% off oem, pocket 10% for yourself, and make one huge order!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
SLTacoWannabe is on a distinguished road
SLTacoWannabe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
Do you have a 2nd gen Tacoma? There is no reason to Rhino line the bed...
Negative , I just assumed. DOH lol , need to do some more lurking on here. My taco knowledge is limited.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #34
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
There ya go ! Dealer's a rip off even with a 20% discount.

100% Agree

Only thing I get from the dealer is Touch-up paint. That's the only use I can think of for that coupon.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #35
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFun View Post
Thats pretty pricey, you can get non-toyota mats for 70ish plus shipping. I had hoped it would be closer to 100 and the 20% would make it about even.

Granted I don't have a mat so I cannot speak directly. I've been shopping around for a good price though.
Check your dealer. Every dealer is different. I have one dealer that sells parts at retail & another that sells them much cheaper.

The 7pin to 4pin plug cost me $6. Where at other dealers they were charging $9-$12
Old 04-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #36
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDsport253 View Post
Yeah awhile ago I got a 20% off genuine toyota accessories from my local dealership and got the TRD cat-back for 20% and installed it my self. It was really simple to install.
Is it bolt on? Any welding?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #37
Pbucks is on a distinguished road
Pbucks's Tacoma Gallery
The absolute favorite accessory I had with my Tacoma was the OEM bed net. Especially because you haul fire wood. I used it often so much so that I'm thinking of getting it widen to fit my new Titan. Nissan does not make a net like the Toyota one, wish they did.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #38
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLTacoWannabe View Post
Negative , I just assumed. DOH lol , need to do some more lurking on here. My taco knowledge is limited.
It's cool man. This is a great place to learn. Welcome to the site!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #39
KENNY2011 has a spectacular aura aboutKENNY2011 has a spectacular aura about

KENNY2011's Tacoma Gallery
There's a guy on ebay selling 10 packs of filters for less than $40 shipped. (link is stickied in 2nd gen marketplace) Not sure what your dealer charges per filter but I heard they're like $8 a pop at some.

Too bad you can't put it on craigslist for a twenty, the dealership is gonna get you with or wthout the coupon!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #40
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY2011 View Post
There's a guy on ebay selling 10 packs of filters for less than $40 shipped. (link is stickied in 2nd gen marketplace) Not sure what your dealer charges per filter but I heard they're like $8 a pop at some.

Too bad you can't put it on craigslist for a twenty, the dealership is gonna get you with or wthout the coupon!
My dealer sells them cheaper the more you buy. I got a case(10) of oil filters for $35 last time I bought them.