Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

foglight wirring already there?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
jeeezy
jeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud of

Name: Jesse
jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jeeezy
foglight wirring already there?

hey guys today i notice on my truck, doesnt have foglights, however on eeach side it looks asif there is the wiring for the fogs. is this common?
Old 04-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Yep all prerunners have it there. Makes it easier for Toyota.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
jeeezy
jeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud ofjeeezy has much to be proud of

jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
mines not a prerunner though
Old 04-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
watch out!
Maybe its just me being dumb but i thought i had the same thing... was playin with it one night and BAM!
It was an airbag sensor...how i failed to not realize it i havent a clue
Old 04-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Why would Toyota spend more money on a completely different wiring harness, if they could just cap it off? All models have the same wiring regardless, only if you have a 4 banger, then I am sure it might be different.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
pmo will become famous soon enoughpmo will become famous soon enough

pmo's Tacoma Gallery
The harness is there...the plug looking things on the end of the frame are airbag sensors...the wiring is inside the inner fenders
Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #7
welker is on a distinguished road
welker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
i heard all V6 have the wiring.................Id imagine it cant be hard to look under there

Mine is a v6 but I didnt see any wiring for the fogs. I want to put fog lights in but im not sure if I need the wiring as well. Would the wiring be in plain sight where I could see it or am I not looking in the right place?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just happen to have my front bumper off. The light wires are the ones hanging down by the outside of the headlight. I have it zip tied up out of the way right now. The come from the gap between the headlight and the sheet metal you see.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
jeeezy

jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
yes those are the ones
Old 04-17-2011, 03:15 PM   #10
welker's Tacoma Gallery
I looked again and found them. I didnt see the airbag sensors though?? I am going to get some fog lights this week to put in. I have the wiring harness but no switch in the truck so will they just be on when my headlights are on?? I see the wiring its tied to go to the headlights. My question is will they just be on with my headlight?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #11
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwillx93 View Post
watch out!
Maybe its just me being dumb but i thought i had the same thing... was playin with it one night and BAM!
It was an airbag sensor...how i failed to not realize it i havent a clue
Great story, told well too!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by welker View Post
I looked again and found them. I didnt see the airbag sensors though?? I am going to get some fog lights this week to put in. I have the wiring harness but no switch in the truck so will they just be on when my headlights are on?? I see the wiring its tied to go to the headlights. My question is will they just be on with my headlight?
Don't know, but the wires may not attach to anything on the other side, so either some splicing to put them on with the headlights or a switch might be needed.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
welker's Tacoma Gallery
Where is the best/cheapest place to order fogs for my truck? I guess I will plug them in after I get them and see what happens.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #14
jeeezy

jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
ebay, or some cheap knock off ones
Old 04-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #15
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeezy View Post
hey guys today i notice on my truck, doesnt have foglights, however on eeach side it looks asif there is the wiring for the fogs. is this common?
I installed fogs in my '09. The wires were already there. You need to buy the fogs off of EBay. Factory replacement were around $110. You also need to buy the fog light relay that plugs in the little black box under your hood. You also need to buy the switch that goes in your dash. The wires are also already located behind the blank. I bought the relay and switch from one of the online Toyota parts stores. Search here on Tacomaworld for install instructions and for the correct part numbers for the relay and switch.

Cheers!!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #16
welker's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #17
jeeezy

jeeezy's Tacoma Gallery
yea thanks
Old 04-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #18
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
In Toyota of Stuart, FL. whenever they get a new model in, they send it to this place called Xtreme Performance Trucks. they lift it, put fogs, superchargers, etc. I'm ordering a pair of fogs from them. and for JUST fogs they're only $45... google "Xtreme performance palm city florida" and contact them. they might be able to ship
Old 04-17-2011, 05:23 PM   #19
welker's Tacoma Gallery
I cant seem to get a website for them do you have it?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #20
welker's Tacoma Gallery
I found it and thanks