1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bench Seat 2008 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Glen Otwell, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Apr 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    Glen Otwell

Glen Otwell [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Glen
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma Reg Cab
    Can someone please settle the ultimate mystery ? What bucket seats can I replace my bench seat with in a 2008 regular cab. I would love to have buckets seats with a console. I have read you could use the TRD , the new 2011 bucket seats, Tacoma extended cab seats....What is the definitive answer ? Does anyone know for sure ? Please help.

2. Apr 17, 2011 at 2:24 AM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    i know there is a member on here who put in seats out of a wrecked fj and he said they went right in. not sure what he did about a console though

3. Apr 18, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    JBelkovitch

JBelkovitch Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma
    AFE Intake, alloy rims, bucket seats,
    Hey Glen- It sounds like you're doing the same thing as me. I have an '08 regular cab and I'm swapping out the bench seats with ones from an 07 extended cab. They will work with a small modification to the rear-inside bolt holes. They need to be off-set by one inch with an easily-made plate. Just get two pieces of flat steel and punch two holes in each, one inch apart. One hole lets the plate get bolted to the floor while the other hole bolts the plate to the seat with a carriage bolt, lock-washer and nut.

Here's the tricky thing. The seat-belts aren't compatible. Our receptacles are anchored to the floor whereas the the bucket's are anchored to the seats. The male-female parts don't match and then there's all the electronic issues with the sensors in the seat-belts. I'm just going to leave the originals in and find a way to keep them accessible if the seat gets moved.

As for the console, damn! I spent $100 at the wreckers for the full-length 4-speed auto console from the same truck I got the seats, and it just won't fit. Careful you don't make the same mistake. The shifter on our model is set higher and further forward than on the other Tacoma automatics. I'm still looking. Please let me know if you find anything.

P.S. I've installed larger rims/tires, a cold air intake, etc. etc. to trim the truck up.

Products Discussed in

To Top