Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I trade my truck for one of these?

View Poll Results: Trade with
The 01' Tacoma 19 2.20%
The 02' Ranger 19 2.20%
No one. Keep your truck. 159 18.42%
GTFO!!! 666 77.17%
Voters: 863. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #1
Built Ford Tough.
Fisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zack
Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
Should I trade my truck for one of these?

I love my truck to death, and it is pretty capable but I am thinking about trading it for a fully built truck.

These are the 2 I have been looking at. The guy with the 01' taco is definitely interested, the guy with the ranger is on the fence. If I were to trade which one would be best? (And please give an honest non biased opinion just because its a tacoma lol)

My truck:
photobucket.com/fisheeztacobuild

Other Tacoma:
http://vimeo.com/2456752
http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/l...acoma%20Build/

Ranger:
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truc...ies/134027.htm
Old 04-17-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a built long travel either of those will do and it will be a lot cheaper than lt your truck. Figure 15k to lt and cage your truck
Old 04-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
StormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedStormTrooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ron
StormTrooper's Tacoma Gallery
I say keep your truck.. how can you take pride in owning a vehicle you didnt even build?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
Built Ford Tough.
Fisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the roughFisheez is a jewel in the rough

Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
Good poin both of you.

I don't think I'd trust a truck if I built it though lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #5
Built Ford Tough.

Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
Bmp
Old 04-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
COACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud ofCOACHPPARK has much to be proud of

Army: SNIPER HHC, 3 BATTALION,73 ARMOR,82ND AIRBORNE
Name: JC
COACHPPARK's Tacoma Gallery
if you didnt build it how can you trust it ,but if you choose i would go with the tacoma over the ranger....
Old 04-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #7
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Both are nice trucks, is it going to be a daily driver or just strictly a desert truck?! And have you gone and physically looked at the trucks?!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO you'd be down grading if you traded with either of those...their older and probably beat to shit...keep in mind, you'd be trading for their problems too!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't trade.I assume it would be your daily driver??I'm sure both would be breaking down on you.both trucks were built to be beat on.I'd say keep yours and build it.at least you know the history of abuse on your own truck
Old 04-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #10
Built Ford Tough.

Fisheez's Tacoma Gallery
All valid points I appreciate the info. I really like the trucks, but my only concern is if you buy a built truck you don't know the abuse they've been through..
Old 04-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #11
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
Keep yours and get it built the way that you want. Even though it will cost you $$$$ to get it done, you will know that its done the way that YOU want. Keep us posted on what you do!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #12
Snoyota will become famous soon enoughSnoyota will become famous soon enough
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Taylor
Snoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Could never buy a built truck, build it the way you want it
Old 04-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #13
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Whats up A_Bugs_Life
Old 04-18-2011, 01:50 AM   #14
PARTS HOARDER
JdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdMeF9SiR2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JdMeF9SiR2's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JdMeF9SiR2
keep your truck. who knows how well those trucks are put together.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #15
beanZnMyTaCo! is on a distinguished road

Name: beanZ!
beanZnMyTaCo!'s Tacoma Gallery
dont do it for either one or even both put together! haha, honestly tho like stated above they werent built by YOU or some1 u can trust and they will def not ride/drive like your 2nd gen built like that. no matter how long it takes, thats the way i look at it! good luck in whutevs you decide
Old 04-18-2011, 02:28 AM   #16
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
I really like toyotas, but personally out of the 2 I am not digging the rear of the taco. The ranger has a linked rear and that usually costs a pretty penny and perform way better than any leaf setup would. I would have bought a pre built truck if I knew I was going to do this before I bought my truck but too late for that. As for trading your truck for one of those I would look at those trucks really close before you make up your mind because the kbb of the 2nd gen tacos keep their value really high. I would try and get the value of your truck and ask yourself if you would pay that amount in cash for either of the trucks. I know on dezert rangers you can find a lot of pre built ones for around 10-15k...just my 2 cents

PS: you can always just build yours in stages like I did mine. I still have a ways to go before it is finished but I am still able to do a bunch of things even though its not done.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #18
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisheez View Post
All valid points I appreciate the info. I really like the trucks, but my only concern is if you buy a built truck you don't know the abuse they've been through..

BINGO!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #19
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
you're nuts if you trade for an 02 ranger. my dad has one and it's an absolute piece of garbage. always having problems with it.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #20
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
Most likely your buying someone else headache. Even though they have a ton of money in builing their trucks there is alway a reason why they would want to trade for yours. Keep yours and build it yourself.
Said like a true car salesman.