Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Pop & Lock PL5300 Rare

Old 04-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #1
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
Pop & Lock PL5300 Rare

I just though I would post a note on here for anyone interested in getting the Pop & Lock PL5300 (Black) for the Tacoma w/backup cam. I know from reading on here that there seems to be mixed feelings on it, but if anyone is planing to get one, they should order now. I phoned my local truck accessory shop and they have none at any of their stores in Canada, and have been on back-order for over a month. I decided to check with Pop & Lock and was told they would be filling orders by the 15th, so I waited and called back on Friday. A very haggard sounding woman answered and said they are still waiting on parts and figured 4-6 weeks, and add onto that assembly time. She didn't sound very sure of herself on the timings, so if anyone is looking to get one soon, I would start looking while there are still some to be found. I checked right across Canada and had to order mine from British Columbia.

Frank
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
They are probably on backorder because they had to ship out so many replacements for the broken ones
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Where is this " British Columbia " you speak of ?
Old 04-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Where is this " British Columbia " you speak of ?
Ha, funny guy. I have an order with The Truck Outfitters in Kelowna.

Frank
Old 04-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
Ha, funny guy. I have an order with The Truck Outfitters in Kelowna.

Frank
There were a couple at the store where I ordered my canopy a couple weeks back .
Old 04-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #6
UBIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
They are probably on backorder because they had to ship out so many replacements for the broken ones
True, I had read about that on here, and they have a news item about that on their website. I was thinking that maybe some of the components are manufactured in Japan, or maybe they aren't as a company, in very good shape.

Frank
Old 04-17-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
UBIQUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
There were a couple at the store where I ordered my canopy a couple weeks back .
And by couple, as in 2 you are right. I had called their Calgary location first (it is closer), and they don't seem to have any in Alberta, so they told me to check with the Kelowna shop. I did check with a couple of shops in the States, and it's slim pickings there too. At least the few places I checked.

Frank