Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OFFICIAL 2nd gen 4x4 front differential bearing vibration thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #221
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
Driver's side only.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #222
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #223
Skadumz is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Skadumz's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought. If you have the vibe with lift on and they want to prove it wasn't the lift. So you take the lift off wouldn't you still have some vibe and grown just not as much?
Old 02-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #224
RedBull
orangedevil37 is on a distinguished road

Marines: 0351 Assualtman 3rd Battalion, 6th Marines
orangedevil37's Tacoma Gallery
Man this bullshit really makes me regret trading my tundra in. What was i thinking? Never had any problems out of my 2000 tundra. I buy a 2010 thinking things are ironed out and i come to realise, i just bought a pile of shit!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #225
tim allan has a spectacular aura abouttim allan has a spectacular aura about

tim allan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedevil37 View Post
Man this bullshit really makes me regret trading my tundra in. What was i thinking? Never had any problems out of my 2000 tundra. I buy a 2010 thinking things are ironed out and i come to realise, i just bought a pile of shit!

dude relax, I have had chases bushing in my truck for a couple hundred miles now, all is well, only noise I have is from my new duratracs
Old 02-03-2012, 06:51 AM   #226
Tacomablue is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
Tacomablue's Tacoma Gallery
Was hoping to hear back from you "tim allan". Good to hear the bushing has made it past its first couple hundred miles. Excellent!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #227
ECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shedECGS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
ECGS's Tacoma Gallery
I designed a tool over the last week to remove the bearing fairly simply. Tool should be pretty cheap and not require a slide hammer although we can make a slide hammer version. Do to space restrictions its a little tight getting a slide hammer in without removing whole spindle or having extra person to hold everything out of the way.

We will be producing the tool for sale also for the DIY guys.

We have a list started for people to receive the bushing you can be put on the list by emailing Chase@eastcoastgearsupply.com include full name and telephone number.

Also if you join our facebook page and friend us we will give updates. Anyone who friends us will get 10% off on the bushing and tool once available. (this is an effort to pacify my wife who says our friend count is pathetic we expect big friend increase from our buddies at tacoma world)
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #228
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
I designed a tool over the last week to remove the bearing fairly simply. Tool should be pretty cheap and not require a slide hammer although we can make a slide hammer version. Do to space restrictions its a little tight getting a slide hammer in without removing whole spindle or having extra person to hold everything out of the way.

We will be producing the tool for sale also for the DIY guys.

We have a list started for people to receive the bushing you can be put on the list by emailing Chase@eastcoastgearsupply.com include full name and telephone number.

Also if you join our facebook page and friend us we will give updates. Anyone who friends us will get 10% off on the bushing and tool once available. (this is an effort to pacify my wife who says our friend count is pathetic we expect big friend increase from our buddies at tacoma world)
Hey Chase any chance you can make that tool for 2007+ Tundra/2008+ Sequoia diffs those are 9.5 inch diffs?

Also whats your facebook link ?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #229
Eldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Elliott
Eldo's Tacoma Gallery
went to the www.eastcoastgearsupply.com website & the facebook icon is right on the top of the page.

looking forward to updates!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #230
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
Are you going to tear down the test truck and inspect the bushing before selling them?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #231
RedBull

sorry about the reply im just kinda aggravated that we have issues like this and toyota knows about them. we spend our hard earned money on a truck and have to deal with crap like this. my 2 cents anyways.

on a side note if the bushing is bullet proof ill probably getting one
Old 02-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #232
mtcarrio is on a distinguished road
mtcarrio's Tacoma Gallery
Regarding the front differential shaking and noise: My 07 tacoma exhibits these symptoms when the vehicle is cold [morning time]. I'm not sure this is my problem. BUT if it is, do i need to worry. If i can live with the shake will the truck be ok??
Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #233
RedBull

so whats the part going to cost? anyone know?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #234
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangedevil37 View Post
so whats the part going to cost? anyone know?
Nothing posted yet (on part or tool). Still waiting.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #235
IslandBoy86 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 757 AMXS
IslandBoy86's Tacoma Gallery
How much for the bushing and tool? Pic and instruction for us DIG guys?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #236
dmcnealy22 is on a distinguished road

dmcnealy22's Tacoma Gallery
...... Dunno yet we will find out soon enough
Old 02-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #237
mtcarrio is on a distinguished road
mtcarrio's Tacoma Gallery
Question

To save time reading all 12 pages of posts,

Can anyone tell me whether or not this vibration caused by the front differential will damage the truck??

Will the parts have to be replaced??
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #238
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Mine eventually blew the axle seal. I drove for 40k miles with it because the first dealership denied there was an issue. The second dealership 40k miles later saw the leak, broke it down and found both the outer and inner bearings were ground flat where the axle wore in. They were concerned about metal shavings being inside the front diff so after weeks of dealing with Extra Care, they gave me a whole new front end.

Yes, it could damage your differential, EVENTUALLY. You're fine to drive on it for awhile, unless it feels really bad.

Products Discussed in this Thread