Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

OFFICIAL 2nd gen 4x4 front differential bearing vibration thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #1021
dcurtis is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
dcurtis's Tacoma Gallery
Looking to see if anyone has the bearing puller for sale. I think I'm going to need one!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #1022
NJPaul is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
NJPaul's Tacoma Gallery
what noise does the bushing fix?

Guys im trying to figure out if what im getting is same vibe that you were getting before the bushing. My truck is all stock and im not sure if the needle bearing is a problem even on stock trucks or just lifted. What i feel is, as i accelerate (mostly around 2-2100rpm) i get a vibe under my feet, in the gas pedal and a vibe also in the top of the steering wheel. Does that sound like the diff bearing problem?? The dealer already tried new leafs and changed the driveshaft around but it didn't help.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #1023
NJPaul's Tacoma Gallery
Yes it does get 85% better when its in 4H, and yes the dealer did have me come drive it without the rear driveshaft in it and it was still vibrating in the front. Does that sound like the bushing would be a fix? Has anyone been having problems with the bushing failing after?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:37 AM   #1025
jeremyk61 is on a distinguished road
jeremyk61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPebkac View Post

I'll be installing the bushing next week so I'll have one for sale as well here pretty soon.....$45 shipped to your door
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #1026
BG02 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Brian
BG02's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in Charlotte, NC area use a mechanic to install their ecgs bushing and cv axle? Looking for a good reference. Tired of the vibration!!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #1027
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG02 View Post
Anyone in Charlotte, NC area use a mechanic to install their ecgs bushing and cv axle? Looking for a good reference. Tired of the vibration!!
I'm waiting on a quote in Kannapolis... Ill let you know what they say. Otherwise I think for the $60 tool I can spend a day and do it myself
Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #1028
mchattod is on a distinguished road
mchattod's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Another option is to disconnect the rear driveshaft and drive in 4hi to see if the rear driveshaft or pinion angle is causing the vibration
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPaul View Post
Yes it does get 85% better when its in 4H, and yes the dealer did have me come drive it without the rear driveshaft in it and it was still vibrating in the front.
Driving on pavement around corners with the front differential locked is really hard on the differential that's why everyone suggests you drive in a straight line to check the front differential bearing.

I'm still having issues with my truck. My latest guess is the u-joint at the transfer case. I don't have any slop but, after a long drive (100+ miles) one side of that joint was hot to the touch. The other side of the same u-joint and all the others were not hot.

See this thread for all the things I've tried so far:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tial-post.html

This thread has a video with the noise I'm hearing (poor quality though):
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ngs-video.html
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #1029
intalled the bushing last night, problem fixed!

Bearing pulller tool for sale........$45 shipped to your door.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #1030
NJPaul's Tacoma Gallery
Jeremy, congrats on the fix! I'm getting ready to do it shortly, so its' completely fixed? Did you also have the vibration through the floor and the steering wheel? Is it all gone?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #1031
hakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shedhakabo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
If I'm looking to buy a bushing tool, how do I pay? I've never really bought from people online unless I could meet and pay cash. I don't use PayPal... Suggestions?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakabo View Post
If I'm looking to buy a bushing tool, how do I pay? I've never really bought from people online unless I could meet and pay cash. I don't use PayPal... Suggestions?
Just send a money order or cashiers check.....let me know if you're interested and I'll PM my address
Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #1033
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPaul View Post
Jeremy, congrats on the fix! I'm getting ready to do it shortly, so its' completely fixed? Did you also have the vibration through the floor and the steering wheel? Is it all gone?
Yes, night and day difference. Yes, had the vibration in the floor, gas pedal and steering wheel and it's gone. I had 100k with the growl and no damage to my axle so it was more of just an annoyance as it turns out.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #1034
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Looking to buy a bearing puller for this. Pm me please.
PM sent
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #1035
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
I have a bearing puller tool if anyone needs one. PM me because I don't check this thread often.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #1036
Drinknmolson is on a distinguished road
Drinknmolson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-853...-and-tool.html

HERE IS THE LINK FOR ONLINE PURCHASE, FASTEST WAY TO GET A BUSHING IS TO CHECK OUT ONLINE. WE HAVE CALLED A FEW PEOPLE TODAY AND OUR GETTING THEM GOING.
sub'd

have this problem, anyone in denver area that has this problem pm me we can go in on the tool and help each other out on the install. gonna be another week before I can order as i am broke but I NEED this fix!

thanks Chase and ECGS as well yall TW'ers!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #1037
boshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to beholdboshak is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
boshak's Tacoma Gallery
I got to page 20 but lost patience! I have a 1st gen with the same problem. Is there a 1st gen solution within this thread?
Old 04-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #1039
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yep. Post #867 from early December:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
1ST GEN is in production currently, they will be ready to ship first of the year hopefully sooner........... And we just started on the Tundra diffs those should ready in march.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #1040
hakabo's Tacoma Gallery
ECGS

is there a current coupon code for purchasing from their website?

Products Discussed in this Thread