Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AVS Low profile Bugflector II

Old 09-25-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
MWCmike is on a distinguished road
Navy: AT2, (Squadrons) VC-8 Puerto Rico, VAQ-33 Norfolk
MWCmike's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Low profile Bugflector II

After having this on my 08 Doublecab for about two weeks, I have come to the conclusion that it looks great, but works like crap. My whole windshield from top to bottom was covered in bug guts after a 90 mile round trip I took today. Mostly rural driving, but for crying out loud, it was like the bugs sought out my windshield to commit suicide on. Any other dissatisfied customers on this particular model?
Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
MWCmike is on a distinguished road
Navy: AT2, (Squadrons) VC-8 Puerto Rico, VAQ-33 Norfolk
MWCmike's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Bugflector II

No direspect, but why do they call it the Bugflector II?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Would you have bought it if it was called, " Cheap Ineffective Plastic Piece Stuck to the Front of My Truck?"

Because it deflects bugs and debris off the front of your hood to keep the paint from being chipped. The front of your hood gets there before your windshield does. It's not there to "launch" objects up and over your cab. Car designers lose sleep because they design the most aerodynamic shape possible and them someone comes along and places a hunk of plastic in the airstream.

Pretty simple to figure out. Keep it on and tell us how the leading edge of the hood looks in a year.