Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Is reset on 2011 MAINT REQD Light different?

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
lgjhn is on a distinguished road
Name: LJ
lgjhn's Tacoma Gallery
Is reset on 2011 MAINT REQD Light different?

Have they changed the procedure on clearing this light?
There is NOTHING in the 2011 Owners Manual that I can find that references clearing it and the procedure in the stickies doesn't seem to work on it.

Has anyone with a 2011 been successful in clearing the light using that procedure? Maybe I'm not holding my mouth just right. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Are you selecting the ODO with the key off?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
lgjhn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Are you selecting the ODO with the key off?
Yep. Key in the "lock" position...everything off. Pushed the button till the ODO shows the mileage, then held it and turned on the key to the "on" position which brings all the lights on etc. Held it like 20 secs....nothing.
Tried several times.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
They may have changed it. The seatbelt chime mod doesn't for the 2011s with the new cluster.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
So no more changing your own oil All dealer now...
Old 04-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #6
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
it works fine on my 2011
Old 04-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
it works fine on my 2011
Do you have the new or old cluster?

OP- Same question.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
lgjhn's Tacoma Gallery
Finally go that thing to go off.
Yeah, they changed it for the new cluster. Instead of the "ODO", set it to "Trip A" with the system fired up, turn it to "Lock" and then follow the the regular routine.

1. Turn the key to "on" so that electrical system is fired up (but engine is not running)
2. Set trip planner to "A" trip.
3. Turn key off (no electrical)
4. Hold down trip planner button, then turn key to "on" so that electrical system is fired up (but engine is not running).
5. "Maint Req" light will blink several times and then go off.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
bsteinkamp is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
bsteinkamp's Tacoma Gallery
OK it worked!!!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
PaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud ofPaulPhotographer has much to be proud of

PaulPhotographer's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Yep the "Trip A" worked for my 2012 4x4 AC.

Thanks for this info, I tried the other method several times and was unsuccessful, before I searched and saw this thread!

PaulThePhotographer

---
Old 09-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #11
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
My 2011 would not work on ODO, had to use TRIP. Manual instructions are wrong, I was cussing up a storm until I tried TRIP for the hell of it and it worked first try. Should have came on here first and searched.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
D44boy is on a distinguished road
D44boy's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #13
Stay Calm, and Fire For Effect
YOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedYOTA LOVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Training NCO, B Btry, 3-197th FA
Name: Chris
YOTA LOVER's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to doing my own oil changes on my 2011 DCLB. The steps outlined in this thread worked perfectly first time.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
ssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shedssanders2211 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ssanders2211's Tacoma Gallery
I had to use Trip A on my 2014 also. Other than that the old guide was spot-on.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #15
Mama says Tacoma World is da devil!
bjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjboucher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brad
bjboucher's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, I think 2011 is when they switched it over to Trip A instead of the odometer.