Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

pics of EGR or Weathertech window deflectors?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
pics of EGR or Weathertech window deflectors?

Anybody got pics of their EGR or Weathertech window delfectors/vent visors? Im having a hard time choosing which would look better on the 2nd gens. Autoanything carries both but Weathertech is $50 more than the EGR's. Kind of leaning more towards EGR because of price, but is it cheaper because the quality is not as good as the WT's?

Any pics would help too. I'd like the visors with the low profile look. Not the old school giant ones that stick out farther than the tube steps....
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Apparently, autoanything carries 2 kinds of EGR's: In-Channel Rain Guards, and Slimline Window Deflectors.....

is there a difference?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
here's the day i put my weathertech's on

Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #4

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Sheppy, those look good. but i dont know if i could justify the $50 price difference if they both look the same
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery

WeatherTech. I love them. I use them on my Corolla, as well.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 AM   #6

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
nice. anybody got EGR's?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know much about EGR products but WeatherTech products are great quality and fit on everything.

Then again its a window deflector, not a substantial part. if they look the same I would save the $50.

I'm sure someone will come along soon that has the EGRs products that can speak of them.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #8
wcm608 will become famous soon enoughwcm608 will become famous soon enough

wcm608's Tacoma Gallery
I have the EGR

Old 04-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #9

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
^^ are those the slimlines... or the in-channel rain guards?
Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #10
wcm608 will become famous soon enoughwcm608 will become famous soon enough

wcm608's Tacoma Gallery
their installed in the channel. the rear use some cheap double sided tape.
they are also in channel. The only problem is I had to re-attach one of the
rears after it got pulled out. The fronts do not use tape.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #11
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
^^ are those the slimlines... or the in-channel rain guards?
in channel I believe. And I would never suggest going with anything other than the in channel. I have the weathertechs and they are definitely worth the $

I can have my window open about 4 inches below the deflector and even at highway speed not even hear much wind noise. My last truck had the kind that stick to the outside and no matter how much or how little I opened the window, it was loud. Much louder than with out the deflector
Old 04-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #12

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcm608 View Post
their installed in the channel. the rear use some cheap double sided tape.
they are also in channel. The only problem is I had to re-attach one of the
rears after it got pulled out. The fronts do not use tape.
cool, gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
in channel I believe. And I would never suggest going with anything other than the in channel. I have the weathertechs and they are definitely worth the $
so you're saying the EGR Slimlines are not in-channel.. and that they're the "stick on" type? definitely want the in-channel ones. if the slimlines are stick-on, then dont want those anymore. i'll either go WT or EGR in-channels....
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #13
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
I have the in-channel EGR's.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:08 PM   #14

rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Boilerman, i like those. goin w/ the EGr's
Old 04-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
I found that you pretty much get what you pay for. You prolly could have bought a Ford Ranger for less than your Tacoma, but you wanted the best, just saying...
Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #17
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
i have the egr in channel ones....no issues....on a side note i actually ordered the weather tech ones first straight from weather tech and they were back ordered twice. the first time was like 2 weeks which i didnt care but i called them when i still hadnt heard anything and they said it would be another month so i cancelled the order.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertechs

Old 04-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #19
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
EGR in-channels ... yes they are in:

Yep that is what mine look like too, nice and flush
Old 04-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
so you're saying the EGR Slimlines are not in-channel.. and that they're the "stick on" type? definitely want the in-channel ones. if the slimlines are stick-on, then dont want those anymore. i'll either go WT or EGR in-channels....
I have no experience with EGR slimlines. the ones I had on my truck were AVS i believe. Any in channel style is probably good.