Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5th Gen 4runner steering wheel?

Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
rogerkamp8817 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
rogerkamp8817's Tacoma Gallery
5th Gen 4runner steering wheel?

I did a brief google search but didn't come up with anything.

Does the 5th generation 4runner (2009+) steering wheel fit our 2nd generation tacomas without any modifications?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt you'd get a definite answer for this but it is quite possible that it would since auto manufacturer's like to be able to interchange parts as much as possible due to cost.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm going to say no. What's so special about it anyway?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #4

Just curious if I shouldn't waste time looking for a used one out of a wrecked 5th gen.

I like it better than our wheel cause it has a smaller diameter and those bumps in it for better grip. I'm hoping to retain the factory airbag as well. It looks/feels sportier and still retains the OEM style look.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Do you have issues with the stock Taco steering wheel sliding around? I don't.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
i like it.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
that would be sweet....try it out and do a write up
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
I like trucks to have larger diameter steering wheels...it makes it feel like a truck.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #9

No, I don't have any issues with the functionality of the factory steering wheel. I'm just throwing this idea around and seeing what you guys know about it.

I do prefer the design and the feel of the 5th generation 4runner wheel though.

Looking at the picture, the cruise control looks identical to our wheels. This could be a good sign. Anyone know if there's an online parts catalog that I can look at? These wheels also come in leather or vinyl as well is what a junk yard told me over the phone.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #10

here's the leather one:

i think that would look very good in our trucks!
Old 04-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerkamp8817 View Post
Looking at the picture, the cruise control looks identical to our wheels.
It is the same one my Uncle's 94 Camry had. It doesn't mean it will work.

I don't know if any of the controls would work for the stereo. The only way to find out is to try but it isn't going to be cheap.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #12
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Somebody has to be first.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:41 PM   #13
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome! if you figure this out make sure thers a write up for us!