I Got Me My First Brand New Taco

Old 04-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Johnny C is on a distinguished road
Location: Just East of the Southern Most End of the Northside of Western PA
Johnny C's Tacoma Gallery
Smile I Got Me My First Brand New Taco

Some of you gave me some good advice in this thread on what Taco I should buy:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...co-newbie.html

Well, I finally ended up pulling the trigger on a 2011 TRD Sport 4X4 double cab in Magnetic Grey Metallic.

I test drove an off road package as well, and I was extremely impressed with both. I found that the Sport package rode a little better on the highway and also handled a bit better, which made more sense to me since the truck will be on the pavement for 96.832% of its life.

The truck also has the tow package and a six disc changer / sat. radio (not sure if this is standard or not). I love driving this truck - it rides like a car compared to my old Ranger.

I got the truck for $506 over invoice, which I thought was more than fair. I was kind of saddened that the truck didn't come with floor mats, but I went and ordered some Weathertech floor liners anyways.

The next purchases will most likely me things like step bars, bug shield, and window rain shields. Eventually I will buy some black wheels and maybe even a grill if anyone decides to make one that easily bolts right on.

Thanks for the help everyone - it really is a great truck!

Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. congrats.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
Frostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrostbyte is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Frostbyte's Tacoma Gallery
congrats! be prepared to spend endless amounts of money on upgrades!
i have always liked that color, but went with red.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #4
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
looking good, exactly what i want except maybe in red... enjoy it!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking Tacoma. If I were to buy a new one, that's the color that I would get.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new Taco. I bought the exact same one back in December. Enjoy.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on joining the ranks! They are great trucks and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours
Old 04-20-2011, 01:07 AM   #8
sonocotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
sonocotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck congrats! That's a popular one lately the MGM Sport shortbed. I'm kinda wishing i got that color it is badass looking.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:11 AM   #9
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
jealous...
Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #10
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
congrats man....
Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #12
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new truck.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:13 AM   #13
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man! Nice looking truck!
Old 04-20-2011, 02:49 AM   #14
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:47 AM   #15
Johnny C is on a distinguished road
Location: Just East of the Southern Most End of the Northside of Western PA
Johnny C's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I love the truck so far - the only real complaint I have is the spongy brakes.

I have researched this and it seems like it is common to these trucks. Not sure if there are any quick fixes to firm up the pedal.

Otherwise it is a sweet ride.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 AM   #16
doubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nicedoubletaco is just really nice

doubletaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like my 2011. Lets the mods begine.
Attached Thumbnails
I Got Me My First Brand New Taco-truck.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #18
rizzo20 will become famous soon enoughrizzo20 will become famous soon enough

rizzo20's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats! Last weekend I went out and did the same thing, only it's white. If you don't mind me asking what was the approximate invoice price that you paid $506 more than? My dealer claims to be a "no haggle" dealership and they are several thousand under sticker on all their Toyota's but I wonder what the TRUE invoice price is.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:39 PM   #19
Nitro375 is on a distinguished road

Name: L.J.
Nitro375's Tacoma Gallery
Woot Woot! congrats!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #20
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats, got the same truck except access cab, love it!