Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

difference between the trd packages ?

Old 04-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
ne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shedne0tas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erick Iglesias
ne0tas's Tacoma Gallery
difference between the trd packages ?

Hai. So I plan on buying a tacoma with the trd offroad package 4x4..but I am so confused with the sr5 and the prerunner stuff..some models I have seen with the trd offroad have the prerunner on it as well? Is it better with the prerunner or no?
and I also plan to get stick shift.
I will check back in the morning after I get stoned!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #2
tacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacovic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacovic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0tas View Post
Hai. So I plan on buying a tacoma with the trd offroad package 4x4..but I am so confused with the sr5 and the prerunner stuff..some models I have seen with the trd offroad have the prerunner on it as well? Is it better with the prerunner or no?
and I also plan to get stick shift.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 AM   #4
UBIQUE
Highland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHighland Logan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Canadian Army: Royal Canadian Artillery (Sgt, Ret.)
Name: Frank
Highland Logan's Tacoma Gallery
This site should answer some of your questions. If not use the search feature on the site, as this question gets asked a lot. Best of luck finding a truck.

Frank
Old 04-20-2011, 04:09 AM   #5
Adjunct Anarchist
Papa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapa Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Radio Operator
Name: Papa Tac
Papa Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well, at least he's not doing something gross before checking back...Ay Caramba!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #6
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
ill type a response after i rub one out
Old 04-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
darrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to behold
darrmill's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like Woody6047 is aptly named. great response. i would have spit out my coffee if i was drinking any.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
ill type a response after i rub one out
Well played sir
Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok im back.... whew

So basically a Prerunner is a beefed up 2x4 that has a 6 lug design like the 4x4's. It sits up higher than the basic 2x4 and with certain options can be E-locked blah blah.

Sr5 4x4's dont have some of the nicer options as the TRD, E-locker, bilstien shocks and TRD skid plate.

If your looking for a TRD offroad 4x4 just make sure it has the E-locker button and a front diff and you should be set. Someone please correct me if im wrong
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok im back.... whew

So basically a Prerunner is a beefed up 2x4 that has a 6 lug design like the 4x4's. It sits up higher than the basic 2x4 and with certain options can be E-locked blah blah.

Sr5 4x4's dont have some of the nicer options as the TRD, E-locker, bilstien shocks and TRD skid plate.

If your looking for a TRD offroad 4x4 just make sure it has the E-locker button and a front diff and you should be set. Someone please correct me if im wrong
There are 2 TRD packages, a TRD Off Road and a TRD Sport. They have different features. The Sport doesn't have the locker, only the off road does.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Toyota.com
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #13
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
There are 2 TRD packages, a TRD Off Road and a TRD Sport. They have different features. The Sport doesn't have the locker, only the off road does.
Yea thats true, i figured he already had his sights on the Offroad.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #14

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea thats true, i figured he already had his sights on the Offroad.
I figured but he already admitted he was stoned so I'm not assuming anything...
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #15
McGrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I figured but he already admitted he was stoned so I'm not assuming anything...
Well played sir.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
bahahah i just busted out laughin reading this thread
Old 04-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #19
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #20
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Toyota.com
that's what im sayin